Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx FPGA and CPLD SDK prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

artem

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Did someone ordered Xilinx FPGA and CPLD SDK from their website via Internet ?
Are there better choices for XIlinx product starter kits .

What is the approximate product price ranges for Xilinx CPLD CoolRuner and Spartan FPGA ?

Thank you in avdance/ Artem

xilinx sdk problems

I ordered and received both CPLD and FPGA kit from xilinx web page. they cost about 150 US dollar . but you have to pay 37 US dollar for shipment.

prices are acceptable and good but shipment fee is too much.

artem

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
xilinx 11 sdk

I ordered the CPLD board from their site. I paid 50 USD (Board) + 25 USD (Shipping)+ taxes(to Germany).So I had to pay ~80€uros.

digilent turkiye

Dont order the Starterkit from Xilinx anymore

Order it from digilent http://www.digilentinc.com/
They make it for Xilinx anyway.

Select Products -> S3Board , and click on add to chart.
Then you get the option to upgrade the S3-200 to a S3-400 or a S3-1000 for $20 or $50 extra.

Wish i had that chance when i ordered my S3 from Xilinx.

/Bingo

fpga sdk

bilgekaan said:
I ordered and received both CPLD and FPGA kit from xilinx web page. they cost about 150 US dollar . but you have to pay 37 US dollar for shipment.

prices are acceptable and good but shipment fee is too much.
Did you experience customs duty problem with delivery in Istanbul ?

Added after 7 minutes:

Bingo600 said:
Dont order the Starterkit from Xilinx anymore

Order it from digilent h**p://www.digilentinc.com/
They make it for Xilinx anyway.

Select Products -> S3Board , and click on add to chart.
Then you get the option to upgrade the S3-200 to a S3-400 or a S3-1000 for $20 or $50 extra.

Wish i had that chance when i ordered my S3 from Xilinx.

/Bingo
The board from digilent costs more than xilinx's . What is the advantage ?

xilinx sdk installation requirements

My friend in Germany ordered it for me and brought it when he came to turkey.

There is no problem in german custom and paid no tax just shipment fee.

But at the begining , i applied to turkish representative of Xilinx , Empa AS ,
they told me that if you order something that cost more then 100 US dollar ,
is stuck in the custom. They said they could bring for me but i have to pay %50 more.
Also they dont keep kits in stock.told me that they can bring it for mewhen they have big bugget export.We will inform you when we get big order and this was 2 or 3 months ago.nothing I heard from distrubitor.

xilinx sdk problem do not start

Yea, I contact them as well . It seems they are not interrested in dealing with developers . I was told the same things about custom .
But it does not look true for me - my friend ordered sdk from compulab directly for more than 1500 USD but no problem arised even the price was mentioned on sdk box .
I do not trust to empa personnel .

xilinx sdk forum

so go on and order . FPGA and CPLD kit cost about 187 US Dollar. Rate for US dollar is suitable at the moment.

italy xilinx boards

Do you know where may i buy CPLD samples in Istanbul ?

V

xilinx sdk problem

check Arrow
**broken link removed**

they are distrubitor for Altera and Cypress . We bought some Ic , they dont behave like empa. Add 25-30 US dollar to prices you have seen on company webpage for kits or boards which are around 200 US dolar.

If you order they delivered to you within 15 days in worst conditions.Because they keep stocks in italy , if you order they export from italy.

also they serve for ICs in small quanties.for intances , Once we bought only 5 pic18f452 .

I am not sure you can find them in electronics shops in karakoy or kadikoy. Although you found , Prices there for special Ic are very expensive compared to distributor prices .

xilinx si kit

I was dealing with Arrow for AVR microcontrollers . Once i have ordered kit and 5 atmega128 . Then i needed few samples of another AVR , but they refused to send samples .

Regarding Karakoy , last time i have found 12 nsec sram 128 KByte for 3,5 USD . Well, it was not so expensive . But as a rule you are right - they sale
special IC's for higher prices than available abroad .

I just called few of them - they do not have any Xilinx chips .

Re: Xilinx SDK

did you ever try to order something from futurlec.com or other web base companies ?

You have lost of choice for reasonable prices but shiping cost is awful. Also ?I am afraid of turkish custom

Xilinx SDK

I know futurlec.com but never tried to order there .

Order kit last Fridfay and asked for order details .
I think turkish customs is not a problem if you get the order code and postal company details so you can drive the process through postal company and ask them for assistance.

As last choice , friend of mine owns import/export and development company - and i can ask him to make order .

Did you have bad experience with custom before ?

Xilinx SDK

Finally got it . The reason for this post si to notify turkish guys that customs stops everything for tax payment exceeding 100 USD or Euro price .
But it is no problem as post companies offer import export service - they will pay on behalf of you and add customs and service fees - but you need to give them few documents .
I did not meet customs as order did not exceed 100 USD .

Hope this info will help you .

Reactions: akkoyu

akkoyu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back