Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx EDK and platform Studio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykos1986

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx platform studio tutorial

Hello again. Is there any tutorial about EDK and Platform Studio???

xilinx xps tutorial

I want EDK to generate microprocessors soft cores in a Xilinx Spartan 3 (3S1000). Is any other Xilinx program how can do that job?

xilinx xps

as far as i know, there are only microblaze and picoblaze, two soft IP cores. its available with platform studio.

profile edk powerpc

First of all I have a question about the EDK. When I have created the microprocessor soft core can i use him like a general IP Core on no???

And the second question. Can I use PIC soft cores in my project? I heard some ware that I can do it.

platform studio and edk download

yes, you can use the processor IP core like any other soft core. it ll consume slices just like any other core and software will provide interface pins to it.

i'm not sure about PIC, but its possible to use customized IP cores using EDK and integrate with any existing processor core using peripheral buses. data sheets of micro and pico blaze provide a lot of details about this.

wiznet xilinx

And what about the cores code?

kcpsm3.zip

i'm not sure the code will be available to view. it ll be like any other core which we see using core generator. tool provides only the interface pins and not the RTL view of it. it ll be like a blackbox to the user.

xilinx edk tutorial

the best way to learn PS is just to experiment with it, it is like visual studio concept.

xilinx platform studio 11 tutorial

No, I mean the c code in to the microprocessor core.

xilinx edk blackbox

the Xilinx Platform Studio has a C compiler for the 32-bit Microblaze processor core.

xilinx edk gnu download

Did we have any demo version of Xilinx EDK Platform Studio 8.1 for downloading?

download xilinx platform studio

If you need PIC IP core try Altium Designer for use IP core.

when you need PicoBlaze , you not need EDK ! you can downlod free core from https://www.xilinx.com
(must register before Download) Picoblaze have free IDE is PblazeIDE look at https://www.mediatronix.com

Hope this help

BuBEE

Lykos1986

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
xilinx powerpc xps tutorial

PicoBlaze core does not included in CoreGenerator 8.1???

wiznet kcpsm3

Yes ,Picoblaze is free for xilinx FPGA or CPLD implementation.Just MicroBlaze and PPC design need EDK for using IBM CoreConnect specification and EDK have some free peripheral IP cores can be connected with MicroBlaze and PPC

edk xilinx platform studio

Ok. I have downloaded the PicoBlaze core form Xilinx. It’s a zip file (KCPSM3) with many more files inside. I don’t understand what file and how I have to used

ppc in xilinx edk 11

did you download the core itself or bfms for picoblaze ? does it have something like a bus master model or a bus slave model ?

platform studio tutorial xilinx

No, I have downloaded the core. Inside of the zip file is two UARDs manuals some other files and some sud folders like Verilog VHDL JTAG_Loader Assembler and DATA2Mem_asistansce. I think that the zip file is that I want.

download edk 8.1

gnu compiler tools for powerpc and microblaze are used by default in XPS
u have to write the C code for your powerpc by yourself
and integrate it with your application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back