Status
Not open for further replies.

adwnis123

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 2 Xbee Zigbee right configurated to send data between them. Everything ok to now. But when I make the configuration to communicate between these two by broadcasting and not by p2p configuration, things change. What do I mean: 50 characters mesages are splited and transfered in two steps (whereas the same message on p2p commincation is sent directly). Things get worse when I use a third Xbee Zigbee S2. Meaning 2 Xbees sending to a third. Then the messages arriving at the 3rd Xbee are messed up. Half messages arriving, or messages do not arrive at all. What is happening in broadcasting? Do I miss something?

Do I miss something?

Yes, provide accurate details, as for example what you got at the receiver side.

By the way, you should be aware that you must encapsulate the message within a well-defined frame, containing for example the start delimiter (0x7E), packet size, and Checksum. These modules as a rule have tools which help creating such frames, at least I could rely on this feature when I used the module from Digi manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…