Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XBee Module interface with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalani2009

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all,

I am using XBee RF modules in my project. For testing I have made simple code in code vision AVR for ATmega32 microcontroller. In which one as transmitter and another one as receiver. Transmitter sends only single byte as '1' or '0' continuously at every 2 seconds and at receiver side if received byte is '1' than LED on and if it is '0' than LED off.
But problem is that code at transmitter side runs properly but receiver does not give any response.So please help me to solve this problem.

I have attached both Tx and Rx code with this post.

i saw your attached file.
Are you testing UART or XBee.
I saw getchar() fuction and some conditional execution. so , i m saying this.
will u attach the circuit diagram as to know how u interfaced Xbee module, whether u used picaxe or somthing of that sort?
bcos, i dint see anywhere about Xbee initialization or somthing of that stuff.

you did not initialize the getchar();.U should try to read the data from UDR in the receiver sid.TRY to read UDR.

Thanks and regards,
Naresh.
neoschip.com

XBee Module interface with microcontroller Atmega8

. We are trying to interface it with the Atmega8. we are using one Atmega8 and one zigbee to make it work like a transmitter and otherzigbee and micro controller to work it like a receiver. we want to send the 8bit data from any of the Port of Atmega8 to the Zigbee which acts like a transmitter so that it can transmit 8 bit serially. This 8bit data will be received by the other Zigbee module which acts like a receiver. This zigbee is being interfaced with the microcontroller Atmega8. Now we want to receive that parallel 8bit data from any of the port of Atmega8. Please send us the detail how it can be done and the .c program of it. The frequency of Atmega8 is 12MHz, so i think the Baudrate will be 71.Please send us all the details at the earlist.

Are the XBee modules series 1 or series 2?

I noticed your code initializes the UARTs to a BAUD rate of 9600, have you configured both XBees to operate at 9600 BAUD as well?

If you remove the XBees from the design and directly connect both ATMEGA8s, do you achieve the expected results?

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back