Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

X Band- S Band Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kommanche

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need your recommendations about receiver design which converts X-band to S-band. Would you prefer single stage downconversion or two stage downconversion?

A complex issue! I.....recommend you hire a good microwave design consultant to help you!

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello there:

For a long time I have not seen such a poor claim like yours!
An engineer or system designer should know exactly what he/she wants. The next step is to specify technical data: frequency bands- passes and rejections, power levels at input/output, noise figure for a receiver, linearity for transmitter.

To your request there is NO qualified response.

You should deliver a QUALIFIED REQUEST WITH SPECIFICATIONS

This is just a general question, I didn't ask you to design system for me! I asked if you have a general idea about advantages and disadvantages or some key comments about single stage and multistage downconversion. That was all I want.

The multistage mixer has many advantages such as good stability, high gain, low noise and flexibility for channel selection
Major factor for selecting multistage mixer is single stage mixer cannot down-convert higher frequencies because of large phase noise
Linearity correction and spectral leakage check cannot be made in robust manner in case of single stage mixer

The multistage mixer has many advantages such as good stability, high gain, low noise and flexibility for channel selection
Major factor for selecting multistage mixer is single stage mixer cannot down-convert higher frequencies because of large phase noise
Linearity correction and spectral leakage check cannot be made in robust manner in case of single stage mixer

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back