Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

x band phase array antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaehlee99

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the X-band system, I would like to guess the size of phase arrary antenna. Assuming the 42dBi, how many radiator do I need to achieve 42dBi gain? What is the array size?

If we use that phase array is created by loop (full wave size) is cca 2dB(maximum) than you can easy calculate 42dB.
42/2 = 21 ~ 20 elements.
of course if you build antenna for example wifi 2.4Ghz then there is no problem in size but for larger vawe lenght might
be a problematic. One of options is qurtain quad as good shape of phase array type of antenna.

good luck..!

If we use that phase array is created by loop (full wave size) is cca 2dB(maximum) than you can easy calculate 42dB.
42/2 = 21 ~ 20 elements.
of course if you build antenna for example wifi 2.4Ghz then there is no problem in size but for larger vawe lenght might
be a problematic. One of options is qurtain quad as good shape of phase array type of antenna.

good luck..!

Thank zlatkoMM,

In case of CCA, how much does the sidelobe have ?

In case of CCA, how much does the sidelobe have ?

jaehlee
I am not sure that i properly understand word 'sidelobe' ??
In real 1.2dB gain have ordinary dipole, but because one loop of full vave have 2 dipole (2.4) and + lost is circa about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back