Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

writing Application programs for USB bridge cable driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhail.anjum

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody pls help me in writing Application programs for USB bridge cable driver, in VC++.

If it supports network mode then install it in network mode and use it as if it is a normal ethernet network.

If it dosn't support network mode then throw it away.

Re: writing Application programs for USB bridge cable driver

suhail.anjum said:
can anybody pls help me in writing Application programs for USB bridge cable driver, in VC++.

normally, you use windows' DeviceIOControl API to open an access to driver. You have to supply the "exported" name of the driver to this function. However, IIRC this can be applied only to windows versions with NT kernel or NT derived kernel (Win Nt4/2k/XP).

Further communication with the driver is accomplished with IO control codes. Search for Windows APIs that deals with IOCTLs.

Another possibility would be to use WINSOCK interfaces if the driver already provide a "network software interface". However, I'm not sure about this WINSOCK solution at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back