Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Write and Read Operation in RAM(memory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aasai

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I have one doubt in Dual port Ram .........

Now i am trying to do read and write operation exactly in same clock cycle in to the ram....... which one happen first whether read or write .....

If read means ... why ??
If write means ... why ??

while Read operation in this case whether i am getting the old data or latest data by write operation .......

I am in big confusion in this ... please someone help me .......

Thanks in advance ........

Regards
Aasai

For a dual port RAM you should different clocks. If you use same clock you can not read the same memory location you write. If you do so you will have old data in output.

It depends on memory circuit. Some memory has a bypass from write port to read port when read and write addresses are the same and can get a latest write data on the read port. Some memory doesn't have a bypass and all you can get is old data on read port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back