Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Write a GUI program to control PIC MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrow

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai, i wish to connect one of my pic MCU based project to computer. I can have a serial RS 232 link to the computer.
Whats the best way to make a GUI to recieve date from pic and send data to pic.

I am good at java programming and c programming as well. where should i begin ?

is their any easy WYSIWYZ software to design a GUI ?

This really has nothing to do with the PIC. You have exactly the same situation of you were connected to any other device (another PC for example) through a serial link.
I would start by defining or understanding the communication protocol that would sit above the RS232 link - that commands are required, what information is begin passed each way, how often etc.. If the PIC code already exists then this will be known; if you need to code the PIC as well then you need to go back to what the PIC is there to do and design everything from there.
You can then use whatever tools and techniques you are required to use within your organisation or choose whatever else you may thing is reasonable for the situation and go from there.
Basically, what you do on the PC side has nothing to do with the PIC provided you both stick to the protocol.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back