Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Would this work? 12 Volt DC Power Inverter to 110v used with Battery Charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

campus189

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I were to use these two together with a 12V Car Battery out of the vehicle, do you think this would work ?
The Power Inverter connected to the battery & Battery Charger would be plugged into the power inverter & the battery charger connected to the car battery...
Basically a loop..
I would then use just a couple CFL'S in my house in the event of a power outage.. ( Maybe more than a couple, Don't want to overload the thing)
We lose power a lot in the winter here. This would be used to run Compact Fluorescent lights only..
**broken link removed**

The battery charger draws 3AmpsX120Volts=360Watts
Which leaves me with 1140 Watts to run at least 4-5 CFL'S in the house for when the power goes out..

In the picture it states 75Amps on label, but thats just to jumpstart.

Heres the information and Technical specifications on both of them...

Battery Charger Information
Technical Specifications

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Inverter Information
Technical Specifications

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

"If I were to use these two together with a 12V Car Battery out of the vehicle, do you think this would work ?
The Power Inverter connected to the battery & Battery Charger would be plugged into the power inverter & the battery charger connected to the car battery...
Basically a loop.."
I dont understand. Do you want to charge your battery from same battery.
2nd if you want to run only bulbs on battery using inverter, it will be ok.

If your question is invertor... battery configuaration..... it is 100% works....that every body knows if the rating of the invertor and battery are mached....but if you are asking about How much time and load that you can able to get from invertor ...then the ansnwer for this question is you need to check the battery capacity i.e. amper hour rating....

hope will help you

good luck

I dont understand. Do you want to charge your battery from same battery.
2nd if you want to run only bulbs on battery using inverter, it will be ok.

Yes, I want to charge from same battery :)

no u cannot, since there are CFLS in the series circuit which leads to losses so some energy is being lost,and moreover the current provided by the inverter wont be sufficient to charge up the battery.

The battery charger would be plugged into the inverter.the inverter would supply power to the battery charger, which would in turn charge the battery.

Even with the battery charger removed from the equation, I can still run CFL'S :)

I was just wondering why this would or would not work.

The battery charger should still charge the battery at the same time as supplying power to the CFL'S.

I have two point to share....one is a singel invertor circuit can be used to convert DC to AC ( inverting application) as well as AC to DC ( Charging/ rectifying application)....in your case CFL made on using battery is inverting application and AC supply changing battery is rectifying AC to DC convertor application....It is possible to have both implemented in same circuit in most of the invertor technologies....based supply ( Mains) present as a carteria....

The battery charger would be plugged into the inverter.the inverter would supply power to the battery charger, which would in turn charge the battery.
It seems that you want the battery to supply the power to charge itself. If that is so, and I'm sure that you will explain if it isn't, then it is impossible.

The inverter and the charger, however well designed they may be, will both have losses. That means that there will always be less power out of the sytem than the power in.

Driving the inverter from the battery will take a certain power. Some of that power will be lost in the inverter. The charger will therefore get less power than the battery supplied to the inverter.

The charger will also have losses, so the end result will inevitably be less power available from the charger than the battery supplied to the inverter.

In other words, the battery will be continuously discharging.

Thank You Syncopator

Yes, aware that I will still get discharge, but was thinking that the without the charger connected, the battery would discharge a lot faster..
With the charger connected, I will get a slow charge, but was thinking this would extend the discharge time :)

Common sense.. how can you take energy out of the battery and put into it at the same time!
it's impossible to draw current from the battery and supply current to the battery at the same time.
Your loop configuration will drain more current from the battery and will be converted to heat(waste).
in fact even if you connect your charger to external source, battery will either charge or discharge at any point of time.

There is a water tank, which is filled by a pipe attached to it.Water suppy to pipe randomly interupts. During this time, it was found that tank is emptying more quicker. A wise guy came with a solution to secretly connect the pipe feeding tank to a tab, which is fed by water tank.
I got a brilliant idea from this story and decieded to apply the techniche to my problem. Recently i was drawing a lot of money from my bank account and found that soon my account is comming to nil. I just started depositing back some money from which, i was drawing. And soon guess what, my account ,.....Am i wise,genius or insaine?
Its called wild imagination because somewhere you'r forgetting somthing.
In your case you are not considering, there are definitive values of quantities.
When you take out two bowls of water from the tank, one for your personal use and one for filling back the tank, you shoud join the party. Seach for over unity devices on google, You may find thousands of links, people trying and covincing, they have made one.
History of perpetual motion machines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seach for over unity devices on google, You may find thousands of links, people trying and covincing, they have made one.

over unity devices - Google Search
A Motionless electromagnetic generator circuit as explained in US Patent 6362718

Last edited:

Hi campus189 I heard about this design with my friends actually working but it will destroy the battery for about 2 to 3 years. The real technique for this one according to him and also based on my analysis is the battery charger and battery load. First you must used the medium or high ampere for fast charging and increase your battery ampere should be connected in parallel.

Think about this one. How about 4 batteries with only 200 watts load + 300 watts for the charger, then set the battery charge time or compute charge time around 1 hour only. It's a loop power for FREE!!!!

Reactions: muddd

muddd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back