Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Working with Photodiodes and eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_Brown

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
working of photodiodes

Hi!
I would like to know if the infrared light of a led would pass through CaCO3. I would like to "see" the inside of an egg and CaCO3 is the basic compound. I am trying to make a special pulsometer for eggs(with a little embryo inside). Do you think it is able using infrared light?
Thanks

working with photodiodes

Hi,
i think will be better if you use the ultrasonic device.

and how?i tried also with ultrasounds, but I can´t see any change at the signal when it pass thought the egg.Are you sure?ultrasounds are used in distance of about 2-3meters!

you can easely test ir absorbtion - in dark room , put radiator (can be more than one ir led) behind the egg and check passed ir on other side by camera (mainly those are sensitive to ir ).

Hi,
the videosone use ultrasound, but you may be right, the eggs carapace is hard, and may be you can't use the ulstrasound ......in medicine is use gama ray and electromagnetic wave, EMR scaner, but this is a more complex solution.

ok,i am going to try with ultrasound, now I am sure that ir pass throught the egg but i can not see any change,so let see if i am able to do it with ultrasound;do you know some emitter with 555?Tahnk you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back