Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Word wrapping problem in quick reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For the past week or so, I have noticed unusual behavior in the quick reply box. It used to be that one could click on an icon to expand the height of the box. That went away, and I need to pull the corner. That is not a big deal in and of itself, but at the same time, I noticed an auto-save feature and word wrapping at the end of lines. Words are simply split and the remainder is carried to the next line. That makes proof reading for spelling and spacing errors difficult.

The strange thing is that when I first noticed this happening, I changed my edit mode to "enhanced," which should give WYSIWYG. That aspect is working fine on this post, but was not working on a reply I just gave.

Is there something about the quick reply that turns off the enhanced mode? My browser is Google Chrome with Windows XP sp3.

Thanks.

John​

I'm using firefox and I don't have a problem like the one you describe, at the end of the line the complete word is moved to the next line , not half the word
The autosave doesn't seem to interfere with the text you write, it just gives a restore option if by mistake you exit the quick reply or press back etc.

Alex

I'll make a screen print of this test ______________________________________________________________________,test,test.

John

Untitled-1.png

I'll make a screen print of this test ______________________________________________________________________,test,test.

I have tried with firefox 3.5 and explorer 7, the line goes in the next line and I don't have that problem (also using XP)

fast_reply.gif

Alex

Thanks for testing it. I will stick to Chrome and just live with the misspellings. Firefox is good. I used it for a few years, but on my older PC, Chrome was much faster and has yet to hang. Firefox hung quite frequently.

I just went to advanced and also to standard mode. No change. The "advanced" gives you a preview window, which is a decent work around.

I guess we will have to wait until vBulletin catches up with Chrome, or visa versa.

John

I have just tested with chromium in PClinux, I still don't have a problem
Actually I have another problem, I don't see the icons... and I have tried both enhanced interface and standard editor.

Alex

Attachments

• test_fast_reply.jpeg
    test_fast_reply.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 177

Interesting. I wish some other Chrome/Windows XP users would chime in. Chrome had a problem with pdf's (still does in my opinion) and eventually developed a work around.

When I get a chance, I will see if there is a feedback option to Chrome and will link to this thread as a description of the problem.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.