Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless Update scrolling LED display

Status
Not open for further replies.

polag

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gsm wireless led display tutorials

Please Help

I'm working on a scrolling LED display using 5X7 dotmatrix. I'm inplementing on PIC18F series and looking for a means of updating without wires. wireless or infrared using RS232 port. Please I need help.

scrolling led arabic

Hello,

For IR you can read RC5 protocol which is easy to implement on PIC micro and you can find the code examples easily over google or on this board.

For other wireless option.. what is your choice.

1- GSM
2- RF
3- Bluetooth
4- Zigbee.
etc etc.

Dani

dani said:
Hello,

For IR you can read RC5 protocol which is easy to implement on PIC micro and you can find the code examples easily over google or on this board.

For other wireless option.. what is your choice.

1- GSM
2- RF
3- Bluetooth
4- Zigbee.
etc etc.

Dani

Thanks a lot

I can use GSM, RF or bluetooth depending on the most feasible. Never heard of Zigbee.

Added after 7 minutes:

amol_shah said:
u can use TV remote as transmitter (that saves you time and cost in designing the transmitter)
use a philips remote control which has RC5 protocol as o/p : https://www.dnatechindia.com/index.php/Tutorials/8051-Tutorial/RC5-Protocol.html
use TSOP 1738 for receiver

Thanks
I've seen the site.but I don't know how readily it's available. I'll try to find out more about it

its very easily available and quite cheap....
the receiver is the same one that is used in TV's so its quite easily available

OK Thanks. How do I go about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.