Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless transmit video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg29

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
is it possible to transmit video signal from one place to another through mobile communication. if so how can i transmit that? actually i want to transmit video signals from one place to another in wireless manner with encoding. distance between two places is about 10 kms.

thanks,

with best regards,
amit

For 10km distance and with video compression (encoding) may be this system will be of your interest:
"DIGITAL VIDEO SYSTEM RFI DV20ED REAL TIME VIDEO TRANSMISSION / RECEPTION"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Alternatively you can consider unlicenced 2.4GHz band and video transmission using non-standard FM modulation ..
Take a look at:
https://www.eagle.co.za/display_product_1289.htm?PHPSESSID=b0f9487a4fdbe8ab0dd9cd24a1250d6d
2.4GHz 10km Video/Audio Transmitter

Distance: ±200m (enclosed space); ±10km (outdoors, line-of-sight)
2.4GHz Transmission Frequency (2413,2432,2451,2470)
3W Output Power
200 Metres (enclosed space) 10000 Metres (open space)
Video Input: 1V p-p 75ohm input
Audio Input: 2 V p-p Max
4 Selectable Channel Frequencies
Compact Size: 120x55x38mm
Connector: SMA connector
Power Consumption: 12VDC@ 800mA
Weight: 200g

Regards,
IanP

garg29

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Ianp for the help. Can i find, somewhere, the schematic for 2.4 Ghz band Transmitter and recevier

Thanks,

Regards

The 2.4GHz circuits are not as simple as standard VHF/UHF AM transmitters ..
Here you can check out some examples (schematics included):
http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/atv/index.html

For that reason I would suggest that you go for off-the-shelf modules which may still require some soldering but all the "hard work" has been done for you ..
Here are the links:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

is it possible to transmit video signal from one place to another through mobile communication.

If you mean from direct from one mobile station to another eg from one car to another car or one person carrying
some equipment to another person then it's possible but only over a few hundred meters in most circumstances
The distance will be limited by obstructions such as buildings and the fresnel effect because both
ends of the link are close to the ground. There are expensive options to relay the signal such
as a satellite link or using a 3G mobile telephone network.

i want to transmit video signals from one place to another in wireless manner with encoding. distance between two places is about 10 kms.

You need the mid point of the path to be at least 18m above the ground. It will only work if one end of the link is on a hill or a tall tower. Using license-exempt 2.4GHz frequencys in a city
will not work because of all the wifi networks and other equipment on 2.4GHZ.

Stand where you want to put one of the antenna's. If you can't see the other end with a pair of binoculars then it probably won't work.

If you want to use 2.4GHz you need to look at the rules in your country. 3watt transmitters or high
gain antennas are not license exempt in most countrys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back