Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Transmission and Reception using PSoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSoCnoob

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

My project requires sensing some analog data using PSoC and transmitting it by Wireless to be received by either another PSoC connected to LabView or by LabView directly. Kindly guide me in this regard. Also, let me know the range I can get for the wireless if PSoC is used.

Thanking You in Advance.

You could use the wireless USB user modules in the PSoC to implement your wireless communication (~2GHZ). They have wireless development kits you could get a hold of and start there. The PSoc also has ADCs, so you can use that to sense your analog input. I am not sure of the resolution of the ADCs etc. Have you decided which PSoC device you want to use - PSoC1/3/5? Depending on that you can download the datasheets, look for application notes and these should give you a pretty good idea of how to do your project. I hope this helps!

ckaa is right.

I would recommend you to download the kit contents of CY3271 which is the Wireless kit that uses star network method of communication. With this kit, you will get example codes of using the CyFi protocol for wireless communication. If you are developing a custom board, you can buy a PSoC like CY8C24894 or CY7C64215 which has USB interface as well and then connect them to the Low Power radio CYRF7936 by SPI. If you do not want a USB interface, then you can use a PSoC like Cy8C29466 which has a high amount of flash. Also, you can refer the website of Artflex which produces wireless modules based on the Cypress CYRF7936 and find any of them useful for your application.

anithatg said:
ckaa is right.

I would recommend you to download the kit contents of CY3271 which is the Wireless kit that uses star network method of communication. With this kit, you will get example codes of using the CyFi protocol for wireless communication. If you are developing a custom board, you can buy a PSoC like CY8C24894 or CY7C64215 which has USB interface as well and then connect them to the Low Power radio CYRF7936 by SPI. If you do not want a USB interface, then you can use a PSoC like Cy8C29466 which has a high amount of flash. Also, you can refer the website of Artflex which produces wireless modules based on the Cypress CYRF7936 and find any of them useful for your application.

Hi,
I am also trying to implement wireless transmission using PSOC, is it possible to have sample codes or a tutorial to understand it better. I tried to look for Artflex modules but I could not find. Quick reply is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back