Not open for further replies.

Englewood

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys.

Okay, I've had an idea about a project that would be very useful for work.

I'm going to use a temperature switch normally closed and when the temperature gets too hot the switch opens.

I want some device to send a signal to either a Bluetooth receiver or a wireless receiver if the switch is activated.

Is this possible?

Hi,

I believe so, I don't know how to do it myself/technical details, but you could - for example - explore Arduino/Pi type automated homes circuits, like garage doors and so on, there should be multiple solutions in that area.

Hope you are good at programmable devices.
Wireless modules
1. HC-05 Bluetooth module
2. nRF24L01+ wireless transceiver module
3. Xbee/ZigBee module
4. etc.

Temp Sensors
1. LM35/36/DS1820 if temp range is in between -40 to 150 (Read respective datasheets for axact values) /Thermistors
2. Thermocouples - Higher temp range

Unfortunately my programmable device knowledge isn't the best at all.

I don't need a temperature read out just a signal to say the switch is either open or closed.

Ill be using a temp switch like this,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KSD-9700...hash=item4188e6e93f:m:mE8IReir27pwPc-oWQ2lW-A

so when the temp gets to lets say 60c the switch opens and sends a signal to say the product is over temp.

Buy a ready to use wireless relay board having remote with signal input. I hope you will find one on ebay. If you want to design one wireless device without programmable device check this link

**broken link removed**

All the best.

That's a good idea.

I've had a look at the boards but they switch the relay from remote I want the signal the opposite way - I want the device to tell me when the switch is open or closed

Maybe I could use the remote as the thermal switch.

I could modify the remote with the temp switch and then that can send a signal to the relay to turn a light on to say the temp switch is activate.

Maybe I could use the remote as the thermal switch.

I could modify the remote with the temp switch and then that can send a signal to the relay to turn a light on to say the temp switch is activate.

If the remote circuit is simple or it is a TH(Through Hole) tech device it would be easy.
Otherwise try 433Mhz RF modules(TX and RX module) with HT12E/12D circuit. It is a really simple circuit with minimal connection.

**broken link removed**

Well I received the wireless relay module but I couldn't modify the remote due to the circuit board.

Plan B. Your link

You may have an easier job by encoding the temperature in a lightwave or radio transmission.

A homebuilt transmitter could send a momentary carrier wave every few seconds. As the temperature changes, it changes the length of time between transmissions (clicks). Example, 70 degrees F causes 30 clicks per minute.

Likewise your receiver can be homebuilt. Tune it to the carrier. Keep track of the frequency of clicks.

-------------------------------------

Forrest Mims devised such hobby projects in his Engineer's Notebook series at Radio Shack.

A temperature encoder and LED transmitter is in 'Environmental Projects', pages 20-21.

Also see 'Science Projects' pg. 32-33 (thermistor operating an op amp as a switch or amplifier).

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Do you have a part number?

- - - Updated - - -

Will a 74LS00 do the trick?

Well the circuit consists of a temp switch, when the temp reaches a certain temp the switch closes and the transmitter sends a signal to the receiver and turns on a LED - I want the LED to stay on constantly.

If the temp drops back down I want the LED to turn off.

You have to use encoder/decoder IC pair for error free communication with ASK modules. HT12E and HT12D
E- encoder @transmitter side
D- decoder @receiver side

Thanks, I don't understand what you mean :-(.

Check these 2 circuits.
Instead of switch connect your temp sensor on/off pin. (high/low states)
Transimitter Receiver
D0 - D0 OUT
D1- D2 OUT
D2 - D3 OUT
D3 - D4 OUT

Ah I see, so have a bought the wrong modules or can I use the two ICs with the modules I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…