Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless sensor network for monitoring green house

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to do a wireless sensor network for monitoring green house for my final year project, is it here got anybody have an research on it before? Can provide me some information about it because i am confuse with what sensor that i need to use for monitoring the green house

you can use ds1820 for temperature and Humidity Sensor SHT15 for your project because output is digital no need to interface adc in your circuit and how about using zigbee in your project

you can use ds1820 for temperature and Humidity Sensor SHT15 for your project because output is digital no need to interface adc in your circuit and how about using zigbee in your project

ya...i am planning to use Zigbee also....but i dint have so much information about zigbee...can u help me??

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

ya...i am planning to use Zigbee also....but i dint have so much information about zigbee...can you help me??

Zigbee is complex protocol and the Zigbee enabled devices can be expensive.
These days I tend to use MiWi which is simpler
**broken link removed**

Yes agreed with horace1. go for the datasheet of MRF24j40 on microchip. at the same time serch for zigbee FAQ on microchip. See IEEE802.15.4-2003 standerd. and if you know how to communicate using SPI interface, then for you it is easy task to impement wireless communication using MRF24J40MA module.

to horace1,
As i have already implemented my wireless data acquisition using Atmel ATmega88a, CS5460 and microchips MRF24J40MA module using Zigbee. But now I wanted to go for MiWi. As I have read information on microchip's website (all the datasheets of MiMAC, MiAPP, MiWi P2P) but I am confuse were to start for MiWi. As they say MRF24J40MA is compitible with MiWi but its datasheet does not involve any info about how to do it, as in case of zigbee they have given all idea. Can you help me where to start?

Last edited:
MiWi is Microchip's cheaper alternative to Zigbee using the same transcivers etc.
I assume the Microchip Applications Library only works with PIC microcontrollers,

i had used lm35 for temp, humidity sensor for land humidity sendor and LDR for light.. and used a robot that moved on a line ( liike line following robot) and would transmit the parameters after stopping for a while and transmitting the data... the data is received on the othe end using a zigbee... and a LED is turned on or a fan is started, or something ... that was the green house project i did for my students... Is it the same thing you also wish to do... i used zigbee for the project...

hm....no...i jz want the project can monitor temperature, land humanidity and light for the green house...after that they will transmit the data to the webpage so that i can monitor the parameter through the website....

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Is it anybody here can explain to me what is the difference between zigbee Coordinator, Full Function Device and Reduced Function Device??

how are you transmitting the data from green house and where are you receiving????? what is the transmitting and receiving medium......
Otherwise the concept of green house is same.

actually my concept is also same with you.....i will transmit the data using zigbee.....but now what confuse i is the zigbee operation and how is the sensor communicate with zigbee device like zigbee Coordinator, Full Function Device and Reduced Function Device.....
can you help me???thanks

1. The ZigBee coordinator node : There is one, and only one, ZigBee coordinator in each network to act as the router to other networks, and can be likened to the root of a (network) tree. It is designed to store information about the network.

2. The full function device FFD : The FFD is an intermediary router transmitting data from other devices. It needs lesser memory than the ZigBee coordinator node, and entails lesser manufacturing costs. It can operate in all topologies and can act as a coordinator.

3. The reduced function device RFD : This device is just capable of talking in the network; it cannot relay data from other devices. Requiring even less memory, (no flash, very little ROM and RAM), an RFD will thus be cheaper than an FFD. This device talks only to a network coordinator and can be implemented very simply in star topology.

1. The ZigBee coordinator node : There is one, and only one, ZigBee coordinator in each network to act as the router to other networks, and can be likened to the root of a (network) tree. It is designed to store information about the network.

2. The full function device FFD : The FFD is an intermediary router transmitting data from other devices. It needs lesser memory than the ZigBee coordinator node, and entails lesser manufacturing costs. It can operate in all topologies and can act as a coordinator.

3. The reduced function device RFD : This device is just capable of talking in the network; it cannot relay data from other devices. Requiring even less memory, (no flash, very little ROM and RAM), an RFD will thus be cheaper than an FFD. This device talks only to a network coordinator and can be implemented very simply in star topology.

thanks you so much.....the explanation is so clear......however can you give me your msn?? i still got some problem that needed your help...............

its better you put your doubts here as many other experts can also give you quick replies.. it will be very useful to you, instead of depending on ones answer on MSN.....

its better you put your doubts here as many other experts can also give you quick replies.. it will be very useful to you, instead of depending on ones answer on MSN.....

That true also........i m just confusing about the green house sensor....is it the sensor we connect to zigbee device and through it we built a network???

you need a robot or machine to move about the green house to detect the changes.. so the robot / machine will have a controller board connected with these sensors and zigbee.. when ever it detects something from any sensors it will send message from zigbee to other zigbee ,.. the receiver zigbee will turn on the motor if low humidity, or switch on the light if less light and switch on the fan if more temp...

you need a robot or machine to move about the green house to detect the changes.. so the robot / machine will have a controller board connected with these sensors and zigbee.. when ever it detects something from any sensors it will send message from zigbee to other zigbee ,.. the receiver zigbee will turn on the motor if low humidity, or switch on the light if less light and switch on the fan if more temp...

oh..meaning that my sensor will send signal to zigbee device and zigbee device will sent signal to receiver ?? right??

controller will read sensor data and transmit the through UART. the zigbee on receiver gets the data and gives it to controller, the controller activates the device depending on the request received.....

controller will read sensor data and transmit the through UART. the zigbee on receiver gets the data and gives it to controller, the controller activates the device depending on the request received.....

Which mircoconcontroller should i use ? i don't plan to use robot or machine..
thanks for answering me so many question:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.