Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless sensor network for monitoring green house

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you plan to use zigbee go for PIC MCUs (lots of options). and use Zigbee module of same manufacturer, But you can consider any microcontroller. Yes 8051 is easy to start.

i had used lm35 for temp, humidity sensor for land humidity sendor and LDR for light.. and used a robot that moved on a line ( liike line following robot) and would transmit the parameters after stopping for a while and transmitting the data... the data is received on the othe end using a zigbee... and a LED is turned on or a fan is started, or something ... that was the green house project i did for my students... Is it the same thing you also wish to do... i used zigbee for the project...

Hello,
Can i get few details about zigbee or rather xbee wireless module(wire antenna). Also i want to know does it operate on different channels if i want to use 2 transreceivers. First I'm trying to build two wireless robot that can be controlled using xbee simultaneously. Is this possible? If yes, how do i achieve it?

For detail of zigbee you have to search IEEE 802.15.4 standards. If go through it you will come to know how to operate both robot simultaneously. On microchip website i found usefull info about what is zigbee here is the link:
**broken link removed**

Sir, i wish to do a similar project using zigbee or may be motes.... can you please help me??
we can either demonstrate our project by using a single set of sensors that are stationary at place in the greenhouse field or as u said use a robot. can motes be useful n cost effective?

This is what I'm interested in.Welcome to contace me.

Wireless sensor network is really suitable for green house?I will concern about it!

This is worth a look:

**broken link removed**

Starting with a kit that already has a wireless demo running on it can cut down on your development time.

Status
Not open for further replies.