Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless sensor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

re_michel

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am begginer in WSN. S, I would like to know the technical specifications of wireless
sensor and maximum number of nodes needs to boots power, because i have a line of 100m and want to send data with low power consumtion.

2- I would like monitoring some caracteristics in this line, how much power do we need.

3- Also, if anyone have any ideas about devices (Best WSN actually: Wirelles sensor) that i can buy, with longuest battery life and low power consumption. I need it for monitoring a level and send data.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

There are several wireles sensor networks.

Read through them.
Find out what data rate you need, decide how many sensors you want to "connect". Do you need bidirectional data transfer?
Decide what distance you need.

Often wireless sensors have individual power supplies...to be true wireless.
(If you have wired power supply, why not transfer the data wired, too?)

Power supply depends on many things. Sensor type, signal conditioning circuit, ADCs, microcontrollers, data rate, WSN type...and for sure sensor count.

All things we don't know...

Klaus

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.

The informations are very interesting. However. I would like monitoring some physics parameters caracteristics (i.e tubes... ) using wireless sensor networks with a battery that have a long lifetime in a line of 100m (level of dust, ions, gas....). So, i need wireless sensor for this application, that have a less power consumption, easy for use and ensures complete data transmission between nodes.

For this case, i need bidirectional data transfer, because we have juste on direction for transmission. So, i searh for some WSN easy to use and give us the right values.

I think for this distance we don't need gateway. because short distance, if we need to extend the distance it's possible to use it??

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.