Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless RF motion Sensor using 434Mhz Tx Rx module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aseef

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I'm a beginner in RF and would like to know about the use of 434Mhz Tx Rx ASK module without any encoder/decoder for sending a square wave tone signal
from a 555 timer circuit.
Let me explain in brief, I have a PIR motion sensor (HC SR501) and I want to develop a wireless alarm circuit that can send a Beep signal (from 555 multivibrator circuit) whenever motion is detected. When there is a motion the PIR output will be high, and it will turn on the beeper and transmitter by a NPN transistor. The Rx module is a superheterodyne reciever with 8 pins. I want the receiver circuit to be very small, so i dont want to use HT12E/D IC's. Can I connect a piezo buzzer directly to the Linear O/p pin of receiver to produce sound? Here I am enclosing some schematics, Please help me to get it work.

IMG_2332.JPGIMG_2335.JPG

I tested the same circuit type and it worked. Make sure the 555 can trigger well (I used a comparator before it, to get a good trigger pulse), and the receiver outputs are two, one direct from detector, another TTL. Do not overload the outputs, use an amplifier if possible. I used a piezo buzzer which does not load the output.

I wired this circuit on a breadboard with Tx and Rx and with suitable wire antenna. But it is not giving any sound from receiver. I checked the transmitter circuit by replacing the Tx module with piezo buzzer, and it is working fine whenever there is a motion. How can i check whether the transmitter is sending data or not. I am using small buzzer found in the small quarts clocks. And I doubt about the receiver output to the buzzer, whether it can really run the peizo. Plz correct me if I am wrong

Last edited:

I wired this circuit on a breadboard with Tx and Rx and with suitable wire antenna. But it is not giving any sound from receiver. I checked the transmitter circuit by replacing the Tx module with piezo buzzer, and it is working fine whenever there is a motion. How can i check whether the transmitter is sending data or not. I am using small buzzer found in the small quarts clocks. And I doubt about the receiver output to the buzzer, whether it can really run the pieizo. Plz correct me if I am wrong

I used the schematic similar to yours, and it worked.I used the piezo element on receiver output.
The receiver is a super-regenerative type, and it needs to be tuned for the best response for the transmitter modulated by ~by 3 kHz.
I would recommend to test the setup with the transmitter modulated by the 555 running at 3 kHz, located several meters from the receiver. Tune the receiver coil for the best response, then increase the distance, and retune again.
I had no problem with the system, it operated well. I used a 555 as a free running audio oscillator at !~3 kHz which corresponds to the piezo element resonance.
To reliably trigger the 555 from the PIR sensor I used a LM310 comparator.

As antennas I used quarter-wave wires,and my system worked over ~ 30 meters. For a longer distance use better antennas, like yagis or corner-reflector dipoles.

- - - Updated - - -

If in doubts with the receiver, try to insert an audio amplifier to "data output", with a speaker or headphones. Without the transmitter signal you should hear a loud noise. With the transmiter signal, the noise goes away and the modulation frequency appears in a full strength at receiver output.
The system is designed to function over a short distance with short antennas but it must be tuned for best results.
Be patient and increase the distance in steps. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back