Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless power bank project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osfuco

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to make a wireless power bank. I have thought of using a LIPO battery, TP4056 Protected Lithium Battery Charger Module and Wireless Charging Coil.

TP4056 :
cargador-litio18650-usb-c-con-proteccion-tp4056-03962a.jpg

Wireless Charging Coil:
A11-Copper-Transmitter-Coil-Wireless-Charging-Coil.jpg

Should It work?

Hi,

The coil is used as transmitter, receiver, or both?
What overall efficiency do you expect?

Klaus

Hi,

The coil is used as transmitter, receiver, or both?
What overall efficiency do you expect?

Klaus
The coil would be used as a transmitter. Basically I want that when I plug the circuit with a mobile charger, the battery is charged, and then use that energy through the coil as a wireless charger.

From what I have read, this model in Aliexpres has these specifications:
1. Input voltage: DC 5V
2. Input current: 2A-1.5A
3. Charging voltage: 5V
4. Charging current: 1A-1.5A
5. Charging power: 10W
6. Charging distance: 10mm
7. Conversion: ≥ 75%

The idea would be like the Aliexpres model but adding a LIPO battery.

By the way, thank you very much for your reply

Oscar

The TP4056 does not have a transmitter circuit in it. Use the AliExpress transmitter model.
A single Li-PO cell is 4.2V when fully charged then its voltage drops as it is used. That voltage is too low for the transmitter that needs a 5V input.
A powerbank has a TP4056 for charging its internal Li-PO battery and a voltage booster so that it has a 5V output that you could use to power the transmitter.

Reactions: Osfuco

Osfuco

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The TP4056 does not have a transmitter circuit in it. Use the AliExpress transmitter model.
A single Li-PO cell is 4.2V when fully charged then its voltage drops as it is used. That voltage is too low for the transmitter that needs a 5V input.
A powerbank has a TP4056 for charging its internal Li-PO battery and a voltage booster so that it has a 5V output that you could use to power the transmitter.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry if the questions are very basic, I'm a newbie to electronics :)

If I understood correctly, I have to use the Aliexpres module, a voltage booster and a TP4056 module?

I have found this voltage booster, do you know if it is good? I need it to be as thin as possible.

Another question, do you know if I can connect the battery with the amplifier in the Aliexpres module?

Thanks,

Oscar

The AliExpress transmitter does not have an amplifier. Its sales sheet says it is powered by 5V. One Li-PO battery cell produces 3V (dead) to 4.2V(fully charged) which is not enough. The extremely cheap voltage booster (they say it is an elevator) is Chinese with very confusing badly translated instructions to change the 12V output it comes with to the 5V you need by soldering "replacements but not alternations". Maybe you must remove two solder drops.

EDIT: AliExpress has a transmitter for charging a phone and has a wireless charger for charging a phone. They are both powered from 5VDC.

Last edited:

The AliExpress transmitter does not have an amplifier. Its sales sheet says it is powered by 5V. One Li-PO battery cell produces 3V (dead) to 4.2V(fully charged) which is not enough. The extremely cheap voltage booster (they say it is an elevator) is Chinese with very confusing badly translated instructions to change the 12V output it comes with to the 5V you need by soldering "replacements but not alternations". Maybe you must remove two solder drops.

EDIT: AliExpress has a transmitter for charging a phone and has a wireless charger for charging a phone. They are both powered from 5VDC.
Okay, I'll try the TP4056 module, voltage booster, and which of these two modules (1 or 2) do you think I should use? (*1 has + 5V and GND pin).

EDIT: Or maybe I can remove the microUSB connector and connect the battery in the coil module?

Thank so much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.