Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless optical mouse failure. Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
optical mouse failure cursor down

Hi people!
I have this problem and I need your support and advice:
I have the wireless set of MS for 4 months. I had some mouse laps from time to time, but I thought it was a battery problem. Today things took the down turn; My mouse stopped responding! It started flashing with high frequence sequence and then stopped flashing at all. I changed battery, I removed battery for quite some time but the result was just the same. A little flash, some seconds of operations and then dead again.
I decided to play francestain and opened the mouse. Around the rf chip I found 4 electrolitic capacitors and an Xtal . I shorted the capacitors to ground just in case, but nothing happened.
The mouse operatess on a supply voltagwe of 3V - two AA batteries in sequence. I removed one of them and sort wired the gap. Now my mouse operates JUST FINE ON 1.5V SUPPLY!
And I ask you:
Apart from the fact that I will sorten the life of the battery, do you find something wrong to this?
Does anyone has similar experience?
Don't start talking about MS products, I know the story. I am just asking something more technical.
Thanks,
D.

optical mouse failures

i think ur problem in mouse is optical beam and sensing area of light need powerful good battery . put new battery and test . if u facing same problem. put 3v single battery inside of 2 AA.

Added after 5 minutes:

i think ur problem in mouse is optical beam and sensing area of light need powerful good battery . put new battery and test . if u facing same problem. put 3v single battery inside of 2 AA.

laser mouse wiring failure

You will not damage the mouse with just one cell for the power.

optical mouse failure

Aravint, I think you didn't understand it well. My mouse works now better than when with 3.0V batteries!
I changed batteries and things didn't change.
Does anyone knows anything about this problem?

D.

i've had this problem before. has anyone managed to solve it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back