Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Lan with robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPATAN

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nrf2401 spi protocol

I want to design robot and control via wireless lan. Who have data for this
Thank.

robotics use of wireless lan

You can use the chip "nRF2401" in the wireless lan. It is work in 2.4G Hz. And you can use MPU control it via SPI interface easy.

nrf2401 work in direct mode

Check out WiPort from Lantronix: www.lantronix.com/products/eds/wiport/index.html

• WiPort – the ideal solution for integrating wireless capability into your edge devices

The WiPort is the most compact, integrated solution available to add 802.11b wireless networking to any edge device with a serial interface. Using our highly integrated hardware and software platform, you will add to your bottom line by significantly reducing product development time, risk, and cost.

The WiPort offers the highest level of integration available in a device server. Within a compact package is a DSTni x86 controller, memory, 802.11b transceiver, a 10/100 Ethernet transceiver and dual high-speed serial ports. All of this combines to give you a complete networking solution. The WiPort is the first product in a line of embedded wireless device servers, designed with flexibility to support additional 802.11x wireless standards without requiring redesign.

wiport tcp examples

where is their pricing for that unit, i cannot find it anywere?

wiport spi

traxonja said:
where is their pricing for that unit, i cannot find it anywere?
Then you haven't looked very hard, to be honest 8O

Step 1: Go to Lantronix's website and click "How to buy" at the top right corner.

Step 2: Click "On-Line Merchants".

Step3: Choose an On-Line Merchant, for example Mouser Electronics.

Step 4: Click WiPort at Mousers website.

Step 5: Look at the price ($119)

It wasn't that hard was it?

If you still find it hard to find, here's the direct links to Mouser:

https://www.mouser.com/lantronix/

https://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?&h...ort&Ntt=lantronix+*wiport*&Dk=1&N=0&crc=false

Catalog page: **broken link removed**

wiport digikey

Hi
Where am I buy nRF2401? I am from VietNam and I sometime buy electronic components at Digikey.com, futulec.com and future-electrionic.com
Please tell me price of it?
Thank.

robot control by lan with 8051

How about that you make a radio RXTX and connects to the lan card. And on the robot you mkaek the same. FOr the robot i suggest an ISA lan card. If you need schematic with programm about how to connect somthing to an isa network card just wite.

Tibi

wireless robot schematics

hey man send that schematic, i need it too

conkhicon said:
Hi
Where am I buy nRF2401? I am from VietNam and I sometime buy electronic components at Digikey.com, futulec.com and future-electrionic.com
Thank.

For buying, it is not hard. You can contact directly to the supplier by mail, telephone or you can buy it via internet with your credit card.

An other solution, you can demand your overseas friends who live abroad.

nRF2401 doesn't support real Wireless LAN like 802.11b, a or g does it?
I couldn't find any info about supporting these standards, and it also a seem to be too slow to support them.

But the WiPort from Lantronix supports 802.11b.

ME said:
nRF2401 doesn't support real Wireless LAN like 802.11b, a or g does it?
I couldn't find any info about supporting these standards, and it also a seem to be too slow to support them.

But the WiPort from Lantronix supports 802.11b.

nRF24E01 is basically a nRF2401 rf transceiver+8051 mcu+some peripherals. The radio transceiver can send/receive data at 250kbps or 1mbps, depending on settings. It can work either in direct mode, when an external processor is responsible with all the details of transmissions (preamble, clock generation, data integrity-crc, etc.), or in shockburst mode, when the radio processor takes care about preamble generation, crc generation (for transmission) or crc verify when receiving. All what you have to do with the external cpu in this case is to send/receive the usefull data to/from radio transceiver. It is more simple in this case, but there is a catch, in shockburst mode you cannot send more than 256 bits at one time (including addresses, crc, data).
However, it does not support protocols like 802.11.

/pisoiu

Does the protocol implement the manchester encoding/decoding?

conkhicon said:
Hi
Thank.
Sparkfun sells nRF2401 for $7.50:
**broken link removed**

And a redymade assembled PCB with the nRF2401 and built-in antenna for $17.95:
**broken link removed**

Does anyone know if you can write bytes to XPORT by using simple net cat such as

Code:
ls |nc 192.168.1.1

or does one have to write code using their samples for c++ lib and the whole TCP violins?

Thanks
~B

hi
who have example circuit for this

Use wireless lan tranciver and a microcontroller for controlling your robot

nRF24E01 is basically a nRF2401 rf transceiver+8051 mcu+some peripherals. The radio transceiver can send/receive data at 250kbps or 1mbps, depending on settings. It can work either in direct mode, when an external processor is responsible with all the details of transmissions (preamble, clock generation, data integrity-crc, etc.), or in shockburst mode, when the radio processor takes care about preamble generation, crc generation (for transmission) or crc verify when receiving. All what you have to do with the external cpu in this case is to send/receive the usefull data to/from radio transceiver. It is more simple in this case, but there is a catch, in shockburst mode you cannot send more than 256 bits at one time (including addresses, crc, data).
However, it does not support protocols like 802.11.

/pisoiu
do we should use just 8051 as mcu and we cant use other Mcu ? how many distance this ic can transfer data?

Status
Not open for further replies.