Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless GHZ data transmitter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to send/receive data by a wireless system for 75Km in lenght.I want to use a system that operates in GHZ frequency range and data rate can be at least 1Mbps.

I checked the internet, I found this company have a product that can be suitable for my project:

AWE 120-58 Ultima3 series (multipoint and point to point)

**broken link removed**

But I do not know how to interface an embedded system to it.If you know another solution or interfacing with this product ,I will be glad to see your notes.

bye

Hi 7rots51,

This wireless system has a Ethernet 10/100 MBit port. What is your embedded system using? Best it would be, if your embedded also has a ethernet so you can transfer data directly with TCP/IP. In other cases you need a converter (e.g. RS-232 to Ethernet) on both sides.
The given distance of this system (75km) seems to be a high value. In 5.8GHz bands there is a maximum power of +30dBm allowed (EN 300 836). The output power of this system is already +21dBm, so your antenna must have a gain below 10dB.
The receiver sensitivity is -80dBm so you have a dynamic range of about 120dB. The far-field damping in air for 5.8GHz and 75km is 145dB...
So this distance can only be achieved by breaking the law (with an antenna with more gain, say >= 23dB). But even in this case you will have big problems if it starts to rain and so on.

Bye

ghz

hi ...

in case of such a long link you have to consider a lots of things.
You have to have an direct line of sight between trx and trx. on a flat the direct line of sight is about 11km due to earth curvature su your sites has to bee pretty high. Fresnel zone of your link also has to be free of obstacles. in profi praxis 75km is on the edge of possible links with 7ghz profi equipment ant antenna size abou 3m in diameter e.g. Ericsson MiniLink. Also reflections and difraction should be considered. There exist several softwares which can predict link params but you need your terrain model to get reasonable results.

regards

cancel

hi mr_ghz
The system from wilan company has an ethernet port ,my embedded system have a serial port ,I want to use modules(IM7100A) from iinchip company that convert serial to ethernet (on both side ),Is there any protocol that I have to use on my serial data (protocol for wireless communication),or I do not need to use any protocol for wireless comm. in my serial data?
Is it necessary to learn tcp/ip or 802.11 in depth??

to cancel:
The wilan cmpany said that their system range is 75km ,and if you see the ultima3 picture the antenna is attached to the system with no cable ,so there is no loss!
about earth curvature I need more info,if possible give some link or pdf.

bye

planners

hi .. find some info in attached links:
https://huizen.deds.nl/~pa0hoo/helix_wifi/linkbudgetcalc/wlan_budgetcalc.html
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

in such a long link you have to consider also your structures .. antenna masts to be very solid. it is common for much shorter link to have stability better than 0.3deg in radial torque.

hope this helps

regards

cancel

Hi 7rots51,

I do not know these converter modules from iinchip. But normally they convert the serial stream using a telnet session. So you have to use no special protocol on your RS-232. Just type in a character on one end and it will apear on the other.
The modules have to be setup to each other. Normally each one will have an own (static?) IP address. They have to be configured that exactly these two modules have to talk to each other. Often this is made by a serial init-string before you can use the link.
To use the features of this module you should not need to learn tcp/ip in depth. Just study the manual of the modules. You should also be able to try them on a simple (Home / Office) Network with a hub.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back