Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless control of robots with a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

james bond007

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
we are designing a robot that can be used to pick and place any object as desired by the user. In order to achieve this we are planning to install a digital camera (or webcam) that provides the image on computer screen. The robot is controlled through the pc (keyboard or joystick). Thus we are trying to establish a full duplex system with the video streaming (through the camera) as the input channel while the robot controls as the output channel..

The wired implementation of this system is pretty easy,,,however during wireless implementation, acheiving a data transfer rate of more than 2mbps is difficult. We tried it with bluetooth but it has its own problems and limitations...

So if anyone who can suggest something for this will be of great help to us...
anyone with a hands-on experience in something like this or in related field please help us,,,we would be thankful to you.

any suggestions for increasing the complexity of this project will be also appreciated..

You can try using a pin-hole camera with a integrated 2.4 GHz transmitter, they are cheap and very small (more expensive that a webcam bur never the less cheap).
Another soluction is to use a dedicated 2.4 GHz video transmitter/receiver, there are OEM version and commercial version.

thanx elavionic,,,can u provide some ckt. diagrams for it,,,may be some links,,,,i would b more thankful

good day Mr. james bond 007. I would like to ask if you can help me in our project which seems to be the same with your project the only difference is that, this robot is design to play a soccer game. Hoping for your positive response. Thank you.

Added after 18 seconds:

good day Mr. james bond 007. I would like to ask if you can help me in our project which seems to be the same with your project the only difference is that, this robot is design to play a soccer game. Hoping for your positive response. Thank you.

Added after 28 seconds:

thanks frnd fr ur ideas u can use gateway and then wireless modem to transmitt data i already try this method in industry fr wireless control system ............so if u need further suggestion cntct me

Status
Not open for further replies.