Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless control from computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGeek

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to control a small robot from my laptop wirelessly. To my understanding, I need to hook up some sort of antenna to RS232 and have a receiver on the robot to control that. Do any of you have more info on how exactly this is done? (like a dummy's guide on this thing) Should I use Visual Basic to make a graphical user interface for controlling this machine?

Now I think of it, the project may be too difficult for me. I will see what I can do.

Thanks alot

hey fella,
it seems you are hungry.
this attached pdf should be a start for your job.
if you still hungry;
let me know.
anytime.:D

you know what;
you can control it from your pda.
chk this out.
**broken link removed**

MathGeek said:
Hi,

I would like to control a small robot from my laptop wirelessly. To my understanding, I need to hook up some sort of antenna to RS232 and have a receiver on the robot to control that. Do any of you have more info on how exactly this is done? (like a dummy's guide on this thing) Should I use Visual Basic to make a graphical user interface for controlling this machine?

Now I think of it, the project may be too difficult for me. I will see what I can do.

Thanks alot

not just an antenna. you need wireless transceiver (FM/AM transceiver..). You can find them on rfsolutions.co.uk or other places. Interfacing to these transceivers is usually serial.

Yeah, that is what a meant. Transceiver. Obviously, a stick of wire soldered to RS 232 wouldn't do it.

hey Mathgeek did u checked the attached pdf.:?:

Try going down to your local toy store and picking up the cheapest radio control car you can find (shouldn't cost your more than ten bucks) use it's control hardware instead of making your own or buyign something overly complicated for your task. Though you'd want to control it from a parallell port on your PC, rather than an RS232 port. Parallel ports already work at 5 volts TTL logic levels. Rs232 works at -24 to +24 (max, your milegage may vary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back