Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless communication from pic board to pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaiti

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am learning to program pic microcontroller using C. So far, I have a board with pic18f13k22 that can read temperature from a sensor. Now, I would like to be able to send that temperature reading to a program on my PC.

I would like to use something like this because of it's price range. I assume I would need two boards, each with one of these RF transceivers. I don't really know where to go from here. How do I connect the first board to the computer via USB? How do I get boards A and B to talk over RF?

thanks

Hi,

I am learning to program pic microcontroller using C. So far, I have a board with pic18f13k22 that can read temperature from a sensor. Now, I would like to be able to send that temperature reading to a program on my PC.

I would like to use something like this because of it's price range. I assume I would need two boards, each with one of these RF transceivers. I don't really know where to go from here. How do I connect the first board to the computer via USB? How do I get boards A and B to talk over RF?

thanks
i think IR is best option for ur project

Can I just get this and this to simplify the problem? The USB module should work out of the box and the SMD module supports UART making it easy to communicate over.

Hello!

i think IR is best option for ur project

IR is a cheap solution in case your sensor module can "see" your PC. If there are
obstacles, or if the IR emits in the wrong direction, it will not work. Bluetooth is
indeed a good solution for a prototype but a little bit expensive for mass production
(I mean, if you use a module and an USB key, it will cost you 20 ~ 30 USD for
the radio interface only). Bluetooth is a good solution because it's extremely simple.
From the CPU and also from the PC, the programming is exactly the same as a
serial port (I assume that you would use BlueTooth's serial port profile).

Dora.

use the MRf24J40MA wireless module from Microchip, its quite easy to implement a protocol on this

Hey there,
Why dont you use a Bluetooth to RS232 converter, you can bye those on dealextreme for just a $6..
All you need is a laptop with bluetooth.. You just hook the module to your PIC RS232 and by installing the device an virtal COM will be made..
This will allow you to send data back and foreward.. check this:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back