Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless Channel for OFDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhariniram218

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i need some suggestions regarding selection of channel for OFDM system..I have implemented OFDM transmitter and now searching for wireless channel other than AWGN,RAYLEIGH and RICIAN channels.I need it urgently..Can anyone suggest please...:!:

What exactly is your purpose? There are plenty , Nakagami, Weibull fading channels, there is also thermal fade besides log-normal.

Why do we need a channel other than Rayleigh ? What is the application ?

Thanks for responding...I am doing project in PAR reduction in OFDM using ACE(Active Constellation Extension)technique...So,i need channel for the system implementation.

I have some basic doubts to get clarified..I have used 16-QAM as the modulator in my OFDM system transmitter and i have plotted the points in constellation points.I wanna know the effect of change in position of points on BER and bandwidth???

Can anybody clarify my doubt????

thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Maximizing the euclidean distance between the points ensures the maximum possible ber. Try to keep it symmetric. The bandwidth is only affected if you reduce the number of points from 16-QAM to 8 QAM or increase to 32 QAM.

will there be any effect on bandwidth just by moving existing constellation points from their original position??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back