Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Barcode Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuber18

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does anyone have an idea on its circuit schematic.. we have a barcode reader and we also have a transceiver..

What reader do you have? Does it have a serial output? Its fairly straightforward if it does.

And what transceiver do you have? More information would help.

Regards,

Anand Dhuru

i have ps/2 barcode.. and my transceiver is UART capable.. it has 6 channels with the range of 200meters.. how can i interface it with a microcontroller?

the PC2 interface has, apart from ground and Vcc, DATA and CLOCK signals which you can connect two digital input lines of a microcontroller.
You wait for a START bit on the data line, then read the data line as the information is clocked in. Have a look at

you then connect the RF device to a UART for transmission of the information.

thank you for the reply.. you have any schematics or any references to support our project? thank you sir

if you have a look at page 27 of the EasydsPIC2 manual it shows the wireing of the PS/2 connector and connection to a micro
https://www.mikroe.com/eng/downloads/get/823/easydspic2_manual.pdf

the micro is dsPIC but you could connect it to any micro with two spare digital input pins.

you should be able to connect the RF device to the UART Tx and Rx pin of the micro (check that logic levels match)

Status
Not open for further replies.