Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless application help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunal_djscoe

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

We have a device which gives out serial data at 9600 baud rate. This data has to be transferred to a base computer say atleast 200 feet away wirelessly. My problem we will have atleast 30 such devices all streaming data continously. Can any1 suggest what wireless technology that we should use for this application?

We tried Xbees (Zigbee 802.15.4) however they cannot support more than 5-6 devices streaming at the same time, there is a lot of data loss and loss of connection. I currently have the system working with 8 bluetooth connections but we were told Windows doesnt support more than 8 bluetooth connections at a time.

Do you think Wifi (802.11g) can do it?

Any inputs are welcomed

Yes.
WiFi is another option.

Best Regards,
Siong Boon
MODERATOR - SIGNATURE LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED

I did it using a simple Bluetooth module with Serial port profile from eikon www.eikonsite.it BLUEMORE200 that's a class 1 with 100meter range

easy to setup and to work

Status
Not open for further replies.