Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wire wrapping to a 48-pin CLCC package

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clcc 48 socket

I got an image sensor from motorola for a project of mine. It's in a 48-pin lcc package. I found an lcc socket from plastronics. Really neat design. You just press down on the socket and the image sensor just latches right in. The problem is what do I do with it now.

I wanted to wire wrap to the socket but there is no pga socket for it that I can find. The pins on the lcc socket are at 1.016mm pitch. Not very standard for any protoboards that I can find. Also, the pins are in a square with an inside and outside row, with the outside row offset by half a pitch.
Does anybody have any experience with lcc sockets? Any idea's how I can build this? I found a few things that were close by very overpriced. I'm thinking about ripping some pins off of a wire wrap socket and having a friend of mine drill some holes in a piece of fiberglass with a milling machine. Any thoughts would help.
-George

clcc package

What I have done many times is to solder wire wrap wire to the socket and than to wire wrap posts ! It is does not get specially beautifull but works very nicely.

Best regards,
Alexg

clcc socket

If the circuit runs at any speed you will be in trouble with wire wrap, Crosstalk, signal integrity, noise etc, better to make custom pcb.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back