Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wire-wrapping technique for prototyping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tR|GG3rX

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wire-wrapping technique

is wire-wrapping technique still a relevan techique for prototyping a circuit design? or is there any other better ways of prototyping?

Re: wire-wrapping technique

8) With increasing Speeds it is not practical to use wire wrap techniques and if you want to do some SMPS or DC DC converter,just dont do it.
Wire wrapping tools are still available

hmm i see..
so what other prototyping technique that are normally used by professionals?

tR|GG3rX said:
so what other prototyping technique that are normally used by professionals?

For dc - low frequency circuits u can use a bread-board, for more complex circuits and higher frequencies you can use wire-wrapping and if the prototype is in beta stage you could go for a low budget PCB board. Standard holes PCBs are availabe but if not using wire-wrapping you have to use the soldering iron a lot.

Wire-wrapping has its drawbacks but if the circuit is not so big i think that its a go.

Of course it depends of the circuit. If you are making a prototype of a SMPS you will need to make a PCB. You can do it by yourself. There are many techniques but I use one that is quite fast and cheap.

As a guidance, I design the pcp, print with a laser printer over Mylar sheet used for transparencies, transfer the image trough the use of an iron at abt 140 Centigrade degrees, later continue ...... you must remove the copper unneeded and voila !!! you have it.

If you need more details, let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back