Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wipers intermittent function

Status
Not open for further replies.

svizoman

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have 2007 Renault Master in which wipers intermittent function does not work. other functions low and high speed works as well as 3 wipes if you spray watter.
I found some diagrams for this car (look below) and as fas as I understand the wiring of 5wire wiper motor, low and high speed are both pure mechanicaly operated by the wiper stalk. Then there is a intermittend operation and spray wiping that are both controled by the BCM (body control module). In my case spray and 3 wipes works fine but when you put wiper stalk to intermittent function you hear a click from the BCM but wipers does not move.

For me it is a "pickle" since I don't think wiper stalk is bad also BCM physicaly looks fine (nothing corroded, nothing burnt), fuses are also all fine and strange thing is that rellay does click.
Also cabin doom light does stay on even if you shut the doors close, and that to is BCM operated (door's switches are fine).

Since both wiper stalk as BCM are expensive (at least 150$) I was thinking to make myself a simple timer rellay for the wiper intermittent function.

Here is the wiring diagrams for the wipers for this car.

212 wiper motor
221 spray pump motor
145 wiper stalk
645 BCM
1016 wiper fuse

ON YT I was looking how a basic 5 wire wiper motor works (wiring of an internal park switch). Everything is understandable, but internal switch on this diagram is different than one provided on the wiring diagram for the car.

Now my understanding is that for a intermittent operation I would need 2 rellays. One providing a 12V pulse to the A1 pin of the wiper motor (low speed), so the wipers would move from its park position and the internal park switch will switch and then I need a 2nd rellay to provide 12V to the A2 pin of the wiper motor. This 2nd rellay has to provide 12V so long that the wiper returns to its park position, then a short delay and everything repeats.

For the input signal for my simple board with 2 rellays i was looking the diagram of the wipper stalk. There are 2 wires going to the BCM (pin VE24 and VE25). First i think is for the spray activation and 2nd should be for the intermittent activation. I guess direct 12V signal is provided on those pins and I will just use voltage divider in my simple board to lead this signal to the PIC mcu.

What are your thought on the matter?

Last edited:

'Bad ground connection' is usually the first answer we hear concerning electrical antics in vehicles.

Can you tighten any connection of the BCM? Wiper stalk? Steering column? A metal frame can carry current though it looks unlike a wire.

Also cabin doom light does stay on even if you shut the doors close, and that to is BCM operated (door's switches are fine)

Did the interior lights used to stay bright a few seconds after you shut the door, then go dark? That's on a time delay.

It's plausible that lights and wipers are affected by a single time delay module. (Possibly a PLD (programmable logic device).

Further questions might help diagnosis what functions are interconnected...

What about your radio and windows? Do they work for ten minutes after shutting off ignition?

What about headlights? Do they stay on briefly after you exit the car?

for sure you just quickly read my post, not even looking the diagrams. you are also beeing rude explainimg me what a ground is as i am a noob.
if you looked the diagram and read my post all your answers be answered and you will realise they are stupid.
you did not even give one logic thing in solving the problem.

It's hard to believe the mild-mannered member who wrote post #1 turned around and wrote post #3.

Your schematic has an icon labelled 645 (the BCM). It appears over-simplified in view of costing $150. I'm sure it has numerous terminals, two being numbered 24 & 25. It invites a few probing questions as to additional functions (time delayed dome light/ radio/ windows/ headlights). Don't blame me for naively offering free assistance... seeing you got no replies until mine.

The switch inside the wiper motor is suspect of course. Chances are the motor is inaccessible and too difficult to disassemble. The video author says he made a 555 IC timer circuit for his wiper motor. (You see I examined both wiring diagram and video.) You'll need better expert help than I can give, to determine the proper spot to disconnect components, and install your own.

Hi,

Is this how you treat persons who spend their spare time for your problem?
The only one beeing rude here is you.
Just have an objective view about how often you helped in this forum and how often Brad helped.
I appreciate his patience ... and that he still tries to help you.

Your question was: "What are your thought on the matter?"
And the answer was way more elaborated then just a "thought"

Klaus

Hi,

Is this how you treat persons who spend their spare time for your problem?
The only one beeing rude here is you.
Just have an objective view about how often you helped in this forum and how often Brad helped.
I appreciate his patience ... and that he still tries to help you.

Your question was: "What are your thought on the matter?"
And the answer was way more elaborated then just a "thought"

Klaus
I am not beeing rude if I say what is true, but you are insulting me with false accusations.
forum is the place to discus topics, I newer force noone to spent their spare time, but I expect if that someone do post an answer that it would be of any sense, related to my question, otherwise that one person spent my time and time of anyone else reading.

good day to you, my arguing friend.
--- Updated ---

It's hard to believe the mild-mannered member who wrote post #1 turned around and wrote post #3.

Your schematic has an icon labelled 645 (the BCM). It appears over-simplified in view of costing $150. I'm sure it has numerous terminals, two being numbered 24 & 25.
all cars electrical diagrams works that way that you have diagrams by a specific group (this is common knowledge). as you found out BCM has many pins (more that 50) and it controls wiper, lightning, locky....
Our problem are wipers and this diagram if you will look at it is enough to work on the problem.
--- Updated ---

The switch inside the wiper motor is suspect of course.

that could not be more wrong. How by your logics is a problem with internal park switch, when wiper motor works fine???
Do you even have a sligtest understanding of the matter?

I am just shocked at the poor quality of this forum, as on 3 other forums they elaborate the problem and we come to the conclusion the stalk itself beeing the most likely candidate.

You see wiper motor newer was the problem - wipers works on low and high speed, they also park fine.
I mentioned 3 auto wipes works - those are rellay operated and there is only one rellay for timing operations of the wipers so the BCM most likely is fine.

Then working round the diagram (noone here boders to look), we can see that in order for BCM to control the intermmitent wiping the stalk on its intermittent position has to make a connection for the current reaching motor low speed pin. So here is the problem mostlikely stalk beeing worn out.

No need to explain all this any waste my time, but just so you know you make edaboard a bad reputation.

Yes and it is the easiest part to blame other part for beeing rude and ignorant.

Last edited:

Hi,

What an attitude!

Now I insult you? Good thing that the whole community is able to verify your behaviour.

You are on the side of the forum that only "gets". You are the one who benefits from the forum, but never typed a "please"
You never got a "helpful" reputation.
The replies and effort of others isn't worth to type "thank you", nor a hit to the "like" or "helped me" buttons. Sometimes you even don't reply.
You don't show any respect.

The effort of others isn't worth you mouse click, but you write whole post to complain about others that "give".

My personal and honest opinion: If you keep this attitude you don't deserve any help. Why would you? - since you give nothing back.
--> Be kind and thankful to people who assist you

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back