Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows messages priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

luben111

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have an application written in Delphi 2010 - with one thread. The thread is fetching data from a HID device and then it's sending a message WM_NEW_DATA_ARRIVED (WM_USER + 1) to the main form via PostMessage() to display the results.
I found that if the sytem is busy the message delays and decreases the performance of the program.

My question is - is there a way to increase the priorty of my Windows message WM_NEW_DATA_ARRIVED so when I call PostMessage the data processing in main form can start ASAP.

Thank you

I am an idiot in Windows, But can it be possible to pass the data through the IPC privately instead of using Windows message Queue?

If so that will be better. Any OS treats user signal or message with lower priority hence there will be delay. But if IPC is used then the channel is dedicated and data transfer will be faster.

Hi bluehole
very interesting idea! I'm investigating this possibility - very promising!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back