Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows based tool for designing an IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsitechnology

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi can anyone let me know if there is any tool available for designing standard cell layout for Windows based PC. If an instruction is provided for installation and a basic material for how to start, No matter if it is Cadence, Synopsis, etc.. I would be grateful if anyone provide the details :

Regards
Vlsitechnology

If you look at the IC Compiler and Virtuoso datasheet, Windows platform is not supported. I do not know any other tools for layout design. Why don't you install any linux distro for eg. ubuntu, its easy and quite fast installation time.

Thanks.

If you look at the IC Compiler and Virtuoso datasheet, Windows platform is not supported. I do not know any other tools for layout design. Why don't you install any linux distro for eg. ubuntu, its easy and quite fast installation time.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply Hairo, I have never installed Linux on any of the PC, I will do that for sure, I will take the help of my friend. Also could you please tell me if I install Linux on my PC or laptop, will I be able to design standard cells layout? Any tools available for free? If you have any information on this then please do let me know.

Regards
Vlsitechnology

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Do I need to get the input files such as lib file , etc, etc. I had designed many standard cell layout in Virtuso Layout Editor , I have never used other tools, Can we download any other IC layout tools from where we can design the standard cell layout? What about the foundry files such as tsmc , .lib and so on ? How do I get those things? If anyone know the procedure please do let me know.

Regards
Vlsitechnology

Also could you please tell me if I install Linux on my PC or laptop, will I be able to design standard cells layout? Any tools available for free? If you have any information on this then please do let me know.

From google, I found this one: http://www.layouteditor.net/wiki/Introduction

Do I need to get the input files such as lib file , etc, etc. I had designed many standard cell layout in Virtuso Layout Editor , I have never used other tools, Can we download any other IC layout tools from where we can design the standard cell layout? What about the foundry files such as tsmc , .lib and so on ? How do I get those things? If anyone know the procedure please do let me know.

Standard cells from TSMC or UMC or Global Foundaries or others is not free. If your university has access to the standard cells, you can use it. If not, then you have to contact the foundary, you will have to sign the NDA, but I do not know about fee or license. You can also use free standard library available such as this: http://www.nangate.com/?page_id=22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back