Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Wind Turbine Core design questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not 100% clear on that either. I got the impression from post #7 that the turbine was a unique design also. Hopefully he will clarify.
--- Updated ---

He also stated he is working on wind turbine design, not simply a generator design. I guess that’s what caused my confusion.

Last edited:
By turbine I understand the structure with blades; for wind turbines, the blades are long and slender but for water turbines they are small and heavy. The design for high temp gas turbines are complicated but they still have a very large number of vanes (half of them are stationary). A well designed generator can have high efficiency at the design RPM; but I am not so sure about the wind and water turbines. Gas turbines, I am told, approach very high efficiencies (about or above 50% of the Carnot efficiency), that just means that lots of energy is released with the exhaust gases.

I thought the OP wanted the electrical core design (the stator; that contains the coils) and I did not get the impression that he wants to design the turbine blades. I am still not sure the power level he is interested because the design strongly depends on the power level begins considered.

Yes, it is a unique Wind Turbine Design, based on some particular aspects of aviation/gas flow physics. But in addition, the generator is very non-standard also and has the potential for higher velocities (and heat) than a standard generator. It's also built directly into and and an integral component of the wind system itself.

Kajunbee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
"It's also built directly into and and an integral component of the wind system itself."

But I am yet to understand the question. Can you rephrase your question once more?

"It's also built directly into and and an integral component of the wind system itself."

But I am yet to understand the question. Can you rephrase your question once more?

The basic question was asking for a recommendation for the type of core material to be used for the coil construction. It was essentially answered in the 6th post by another member. I did not mean for this to continue on but I got a kind of nasty response at one point and I unfortunatly took the bait.
I'm not familiar with this board yet, so I neglected to mark it as "Solved", as I'm going to do right now.

Thank you all for your help and responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.