Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this 25 MHZ oscillator work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok :) offhand I dont know if that is a fundamental or a overtone crystal. It could be either

but its apparent from the recent discussions that unless the series inductor and parallel resistor is used with an overtone crystal, then the BC548 isnt likely to work, as I discovered with my 24MHz crystal.

Dave

It works, the problem was with the transistor, I got the correct one instead of the bc....VPP is high abot 7v but vrms is low about 3v (the circuit has no buffer).I wonder why vrms is relatively low compared to VPP , shoud I reduce emmiter resistor?

PS: Thanks all esp E-design and dave

Thats great to hear :) well done.

Anything above ~10MHz and I would usually look at using a RF transistor. Even tho more standard signal transistors may have the appropriate Ft. As you have discovered don't always work without other circuit modifications.

Its all part of the fun of experimenting and learning. :)

cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back