Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will the inductance change??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZengLei

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question:

When the transformer goes into the status of magnetic saturation,will the inductance of primary and secondary change??????

My opinion is:

Under the condition of magnetic saturation

L primary:reduce
L secondary:not change

Am i right??

Could any one give me some matrials about the magnetic saturation,thanks!!!!!

i dont think the inductance would change much... magnetic saturation is something related to the core.... it is the point of time at which the magnetic material holds the maximum magnetic field it can absorb...

The question is 'which one inductance?' Statical, dynamical? Average statical inductance will not change much, but the dynamical inductance at the moment of highest saturation will drop much or very much (depends on "starting µ" which means µ measured at nearly zero magnetic flux in the core). Heavily saturated core have dynamic µ 1..3. So when the starting µ of a core is 5 inductance drops about 2..3 times. When the starting µ is about 1000 (iron) inductance drops about 300..500 times.....

I hope your today's sleep won't be disturbed by above shocking facts.... ;-)

No, I don't think that the inductances will change because the magnetic saturation is related to the maximun magnetic field that supports the core, not the inductances.
They got no changes at all, the only vary if the frequency changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.