Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will "SESSION" end, if USB device unplugged accide

Status
Not open for further replies.

niravbhatt

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
suddenly unplugged usb

Detail Explanation:
USB host and device are connected directly without hub in between. For host the hardware blocks will be as following.

36_1249303803.jpg

Now, as per the above setup environment, normal operation is going on.

If USB host is receiving the data, Host PHY in Rx mode. Suppose a receive transaction has 64 bytes to transfer. While these 64 bytes are being received by the Host PHY, suddenly USB device is unplugged in middle of receiving(may be at 32 bytes or at 58 bytes, etc). When it happens, I only know that VBUS will be settled below valid threshold voltage and "VBUSVALID" will be de-asserted on UTMI interface pin.

Now, my question is that what will happen to "SESSEND" (UTMI interface pin), either session will be going on or ended? Is there any other signal also changes with this on the UTMI interface or not?

Please provide me the info at the earliest.

Thanks,
Nirav Bhatt[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back