Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

will inverting op-amp work with no R1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uday mehta

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
my senior have given me a circuit to make a pcb and test. I have made that. but I didn't understand the output as I think that some thing wrong in the circuit.
circuit consist of a mcp6022 opamp. apply 20mV ac, no R1, but Rf = 40 M ohm at inverting terminal.
non-inverting terminal is connected to ground.

my question is that without R1 will this circuit work. if yes then what will be the output voltage.
I have uploaded the circuit diagram.

Attachments

• opamp.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Without the input resistor R1, the OP AMP will not work as an amplifier. It will work as a square wave generator with frequency equal to the the frequency of the input signal. However if the impedance of the input signal is comparable to the feedback impedance, the circuit may become unstable and fail to oscillate. But in general, the source impedance should be much smaller than 40M ohm an the circuit should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.