Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson power divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyassin

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
even/odd mode analysis in power divider

Hi

I have a question. When considering the Wilkinson power divider. Is there a way to analyze it IF one of the loads is not matched. When the even-odd mode analysis is made to analyze the circuit, it is when it is symmetric. But how can one analyze it now?

Regards

Hi tyassin,

The even-odd mode analysis is still applicable.
There is a couple of reflected waves from Term2 and Term3 (the latter is null in the case of the figure). This couple of waves can be analyzed in its even and odd modes.
Regards

Z

Hi zorro

I have tried to analyze it in the same way as Pozar does it. He uses these normalized quatities. I have done exactly the same. At port 2 I have put in a resistor of normalized impedance Z=2 (100 ohm) in series with the source. As far as I see it, the analysis is almost the same, but I end up with the same S21 as if the power divider was matched. i.e. S21=1/√2

This is wrong, but I cannot come to any other result. I have attached the circuit for the even mode or this is how I see it.
Please comment if this is wrong or I have misunderstood something.

Thank you

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back