Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson Power Divider Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

norfan2102

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wilkinson divider

Hi!

I am an undergrad and currently doing a final year project on a design of a wilkinson power divider. Currently, I have come out with something and the s-parameters simulation results are as expected. However, as I was doing the momentum simulation, the results were erratic!! The layout came about directly from the schematic. I dunno if it is better if I were to do it manually all over again. Is there any suggestions please? I am using ADS2003..

wilkinson power divider

Have you set up the environment correctly? Er, Dielectric thickness? Is the balancing resistor correctly instantiated in the e-m model? Stripline or microstrip? Box height?

A simulation from a schematic simulates only the structure regardless of how it is positioned in real life. Using an an EM planar simulator requires a bit more thinking. Check your constraints.

wilkinson divider ads

Hi,

can you tell us some more details, such as frequency, substrate, number of sections, number of outputs etc. This will help a lot to giving meaningful suggestions.

flyhigh

wilkinson divider design

attach your ADS project file....so that we will help you on what mistake you have done in setting up momentum sim...

wilkinson power divider ads

what frequency are you working at? you can use circuit simulator if frequency is low

power divider design

I want to design an equal split wilkinson power divider at a frequency of 960 MHz using ADS.I am a bit confused about the number of sections used and matching of the transmission lines.Can you please help me a bit

wilkinson calculator

imrankhan said:
I want to design an equal split wilkinson power divider at a frequency of 960 MHz using ADS.I am a bit confused about the number of sections used and matching of the transmission lines.Can you please help me a bit
Look at the attachment file. May be it'll helpful to you.

wilkinson power divider simulation

I have designed a Wilkinson Power Divider on ADS software. If someone need any design procedures or example files can contact me.

Added after 25 seconds:

I have designed a Wilkinson Power Divider on ADS software. If someone need any design procedures or example files can contact me.

Added after 14 minutes:

here are some files of the design

ads power divider

Often when you transition from ADS simulation to EM simulation the results will not match. This depends on frequency range, complexity of the design etc...
The EM structure will generally require some tweaking to get the desired response.
A common techinique used for this problem is "space mapping". This means you take a simple structure and EM it and compare to its ADS counterpart, and figure out how much you have to compensate.
For example take a T-junction in ads and compare it to a T-junction EM simulation you'll find out that the EM structure needs to be adjusted by X amount on each arm.
Before you perform space maping make sure all other settings are correct (i.e. sbustrate definition, metal stack up etc.

power divider calculator

imrankhan said:

Added after 25 seconds:

Added after 14 minutes:

hi
can you send me the design procedure of Wilkinson power divider.
regards,
sanghamitra

ads+divider wilkinson

Sanghamitra,

you want the egenral design guidelines or any specific guides?.Pozar has good example on general guidelines and formula.

Definitely see microwaves101.com for wilkinson examples and wilkinson calculator, which is free download.

please reply if you want anything specific.

Regards,

Sibasis Das

Hi..i tried to open your Power divider file. But it stated you are using a newer version than mine. Can check with you. can you teach me how to draw a power divider?

hey wilkinson power divider simulation, I try to open your files and it's locked. Can you please tell me how I can open it?

hi do you have 1-4 wilkinson power divider design either on hfss or ADS?

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

hello
i need 1-4 wilkinson power divider do have it on Hfss or ads?

Re: wilkinson power divider simulation

Added after 25 seconds:

Added after 14 minutes:

hi Imran, i want to design a wilkinson power divider for 20 GHz, (if possibly wide band). i was working with EAGLE-CAD but its something like MS paint, can't simulate any thing. i am totally new to ADS tool. can you provide me some help in this regards...
thanks alot in Advance.
have a nice smilling day...

bro i need 1-4 wilkinson power divider simulation either on ads or hfss plz help

hi all I am new to this board. I am trying to design one 3dB power combiner(wilkinson or stripline hybrid coupler) in the frequency range 1.7-2.1GHz. I wanted to know about which parameter will play the critical role in power handling? I wanted to design 500W combiner. How much track width I have to use? which substrate will be best for this combiner? Please help me

Thank you

Hi,I need help. I design and simulation with Ansoft Designer, a Wilkinson divider with a center frequency of 3.6 GHz and the characteristic impedance of 48 ohms ... I could describe the steps for the project, my first experience. Thank you in advance for your kind help and kindness. :)

i have to make for 2 ghz..i have made design but my graph is not still coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back