Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson Power Divider Design Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Grey

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wilkinson divider design

I need to design a Wilkinson power divider with a power division ratio of 1.96 at frequency 2.4 GHz. It needs to achieve good impedance matching with the return loss at each port needs to be less than 15 dB and mutual isolation between two output ports needs to be less than -20 dB at 2.4 GHz. The characteristic impedance is 50 ohms. It is to be realized by using microstrip lines. The PCB board is FR4 substrate has a permitivity of 4.4, loss tangent 0.025, substrate thickness h mm, metal thickness 0.035 mm. The design and simulation is to be done in EWR Micowave office.

Can anyone help me on this?
How to i calculate the input length of the microstrip?
Is there any link that can answer the question above?
Please show me how to do it.
Thnx.

wilkinson power divider

Using TX Line in MWO do the calculation for the two λ/4 arms that has impedance = √2*Zo where Zo = 50

wilkinson power divider microstrip

How to calculate the input and out length of the microstrip?

Please help me. Give me explicit detail please.

Thank You.

wilkinson power divider design

50 ohm system, quarter wave transmission lines are 70.7 ohms, 19.5mm long produces a good result. 70.7 ohm lines, the height = width. Use a standard height like 2.5mm. In that case your lines are 2.5mm wide. Simulate it - its really very easy.

power divider design

Is there any formula for the calculation the given question?

Please show it to me. Thnx.

wilkinson divider

Attached is AutoCad file. With 1:1 2.44GHz WD. Using FR4, 0.8mm thickness.Hope it can help you

Added after 6 minutes:

First time to post message. Cannot attach file. Try again. If you need further information. Let me know

wilkinson power divider impedence

For approximate simulations, u can use the values given in previous posts with the Tx line simulator..
The lengths of the transmission lines are not too much of a problem with this kind of a system if I'm not wrong.

Here's the link to download Txline
**broken link removed**

Search for Txline on this website and click on the link called Txline..

Ananth.

wilkingson power divider

Hi,

in MWO you have ready to use component (Elements->Microstrip->PwrDivider->WILKxx and you can use it and optimize it to get goals. Then turn to layour window to see how it looks like... You can use EM simulator to verify the results.

flyhigh

wilkinson calculator power divider

How to calculate the S parameter for unequal Wilkinson power divider?

wilkinson power divider for 10 ghz

Can anyone teach me how to use Microwave Office to design an unequal Wilkinson power divider?

Thank You.

unequal power divider design using ads

Mr. Grey said:
Can anyone teach me how to use Microwave Office to design an unequal Wilkinson power divider?

Thank You.

you can use from part new schematic then draw transmition line and resistive.

wilkinson power divider, design method, equation

HI all,
I am Master student who is currently doing theses on wilkinson power divider. I am having difficult in starting up the em simulator, s-parameter.Anyone has the tutorials pls?

Basically, the i need to know how to simulate the drawing on s-parameter for all these 3 ports.

thanks,
logesh

email: logespenang@yahoo.com\]

wilkerson divider design

@ logespenang

What kind of simulator?

wilkinson power division

I think the proposed solution is for equiv power division not for the power ratio of 1.96 as per request.
This will lead in impedance mismatch in the both the arms.
Mr. Grey kindly confirm the requirement

power dividers antenna 2.4

How to calculate the input and out length of the microstrip?

Please help me. Give me explicit detail please.

Thank You.[\quote]

Hi, keep in mind a quarter wave transformer. The impedance transformation is:
Za = Zo²/Zload

So Zo = sqrt(ZaZload)

And the basic electronics, ohms law states that R1||R2 = (R1R2)/(R1+R2) so if R1 = R2, Rt = R1/2, hence P = V^2/R and the voltage for each resistor is the same, so if the V remains, the power will be splited into equal parts.

So, for equal wilkinson power divider in a 50Ω system:

1.- Transform each 50Ω impedance into 100Ω by means of pair quarter wave transformers. Here the Zo of each line-transformer is sqrt(50*100) ≈ 70.71 Ω

2.- Connect them in parallel

3.- Don't forget a 100Ω dummy load between splitting ports!!. In ideal conditions that dissipates 0 watts because equal splitting and perfect matching implies sma tension across splitting ports, but you know we are in real world ;)

For unequal power splitters you can derive the by same equations the line impedances. Pozar's Microwave engineering is a good reference.

Best regards

Added after 1 minutes:

Sorry for the mistake about html code.

I am starting from the scratch. So i need the exact parameters value and also please mention the simulation software in which i can build this power divider and test it...

Hi, I have to design and create four way equal split Wilkinson power divider. I found online calculator (microwaves101.com), but it's only for 2 way divider. Which software for analysis do you suggest?
Also, which equation is correct for design quarter length transmisison line? (frequency is 2.45 GHz).
Using just lambda=c/f will give wrong results.

Hi,
Iam simulating microstrip power splitter using FEKO, can someone help me how to calculate the length and width of the microtrip, and how is this different from the waveguide power splitter?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back