Not open for further replies.

ku637

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need to select a WiFi module for a project that require this particular module to support 4k video being streamed into two screens.

May i know , how to properly choose a Module to support this requirement.

I m not familiar with the practical video data rate that may be required here, I assume WiFi speed is tied to standard i.e. ac or ax and at the input side with the host processor i need to select an appropriate interface . There exists modules with PCIe and SDIO interfaces.

thanks for any suggestions,

As i know H265 encoded 4K video ~20-30Mbps (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution).
So I think you should use 2x2 n or ac device. I suggest to use 5G band with a bandwidth of 40 or 80Mhz if possible. Take care that all devices on network (access point and receiver devices) is capable of those features.
Ps: Along side PCIe and SDIO, there are also USB interface devices, easier connection interface. Theoretical USB phy rate is 480Mbps, I see USB interface platforms can reach ~250Mbps data rates, in practice. So USB wouldn't be a bottle neck in your system.

Good luck

ku637

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…