Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WiFi disconnects when using WiFi Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreidaniel

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I bought this year from the french hypermarket Auchan a pair of WiFi headphones, brand Rapoo, at a very good price quality ratio. All it's ok when listening to the headphones (clear sound, distance of 10m) but I have an issue with them: when using the WiFi of my notebook - Acer ASPIRE V5 552G - after a short time it disconnects suddenly the network. Why? Only if I remove the USB WiFi transmitter, the connection comes back. I want to mention that on other notebooks like MacBook Air of my father I didn't see this problem. I also have a mouse wireless and this problem doesn't appear.

This is the HP model: **broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

The WiFi router is : Model No. TL-WR1043ND

At the Wireless menu I have a Help with some options.

"Wireless Settings Help

Note: The operating distance or range of your wireless connection varies significantly based on the physical placement of the Router. For best results, place your Router:

Near the center of the area in which your wireless stations will operate.
In an elevated location such as a high shelf.
Away from the potential sources of interference, such as PCs, microwaves, and cordless phones.
With the Antenna in the upright position.
Away from large metal surfaces.

Note: Failure to follow these guidelines can result in significant performance degradation or inability to wirelessly connect to the Router.

Wireless Network Name - Enter a value of up to 32 characters. The same Name (SSID) must be assigned to all wireless devices in your network.

Region - Select your region from the pull-down list. This field specifies the region where the wireless function of the Router can be used. It may be illegal to use the wireless function of the Router in a region other than one of those specified in this filed. If your country or region is not listed, please contact your local government agency for assistance.

Mode - If all of the wireless devices connected with this wireless router can connect in the same transmission mode, you can choose "Only" mode. If you have some devices that use a different transmission mode, choose the appropriate "Mixed" mode.

Channel Width - The bandwidth of the wireless channel. (20 or 40MHz or Auto - by default)

Channel - This field determines which operating frequency will be used. It is not necessary to change the wireless channel unless you notice interference problems with another nearby access point. If you select auto, then AP will choose the best channel automatically. (from 1 to 13 or Auto - by default)

Enable Speedboost - If you select the Speedboost checkbox, the maximum tx rate of the Router will be 450Mbps.

Enable Wireless Router Radio - The wireless radio of the Router can be enabled or disabled to allow wireless stations access. If enabled, the wireless stations will be able to access the Router, otherwise, wireless stations will not be able to access the Router.

Enable SSID Broadcast - If you select the Enable SSID Broadcast checkbox, the wireless router will broadcast its name (SSID) on the air.

Enable WDS Bridging - You can select this to enable WDS Bridging, with this function, the Router can bridge two or more Wlans. NOTE: If this checkbox is selected, you had better make sure the following settings are correct.

SSID(to be bridged) - The SSID of the AP your Router is going to connect to as a client. You can also use the survey function to select the SSID to join.

MAC Address(to be bridged) - The MAC Address of the AP your Router is going to connect to as a client. You can also use the survey function to select the MAC Address to join.

Survey - Click this button, you can search the AP which runs in the current channel.

Key type - This option should be chosen according to the AP's security configuration.It is recommended that the security type is the same as your AP's security type

WEP Index - This option should be chosen if the key type is WEP(ASCII) or WEP(HEX).It indicates the index of the WEP key.

Auth Type - This option should be chosen if the key type is WEP(ASCII) or WEP(HEX).It indicates the authorization type of the Root AP.

Password - If the AP your Router is going to connect needs password, you need to fill the password in this blank."

Should I change something?

The easy thing to try is to change to different wifi channels.

Are there other people on the same channel as you? Did you open your wifi utility program, and see a list of nearby broadcasting networks?

Your wifi utility should be able to let you change to a different wifi channel. You may get on one which operates better for you.

This assumes you are also able to change your headphone channel.

My notebook is at a distance of 10m from the router. There are other devices that are using th WiFi router in my family such as: another 2 notebooks and 5 smartphones.

It is probably okay that you have that many devices on your network. It is traffic that is recognized by your router. I'm pretty certain they are all on the same channel.

However did you find out whether there is someone else's network nearby, operating on the same channel? That could create interference with your own network. That might explain why your headphones stop communicating.

Well, all I can say at the moment is that I am living on a block of flats, at the last floor, and near me, in my room I can receive at a half of level the WiFi signal from my neighbour. My OS used is Windows 8.1 with license (not hacked) and the driver for the WiFi module of my Acer is shown on Device manager as: Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222

I've occasionally encountered similar issues with some client's commonly available routers which also incorporate a WiFi access point (AP). The issues seemed to be traffic level related.

You might try disabling the AP within your router and using an external AP device in its place.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back