Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wifi chipset or module linux compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid_Bengala

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wifi chip module

hi

I´m looking for a wifi chipset or module to integrate with embedded development. The design features an ARM and I need some computers to connect through the (PA), but they have not found a module that has SPI, but the maximum speed is 3Mb. Does anyone know of a chipset or module for use in my designs? Linux compatible?. thanks.

Greetings

Re: wifi chip module

Hi

I have not found a chipset to connect to a wireless network, compatible with uClinux (arm). I found only manufacturers with big orders, but I found chipset easy to locate in small units. Does anyone have any experience?. Thanks.

Regards

You're looking for a WiFi module with a SPI interface?

How about RN-171 or RN-131 from Roving Networks?

I believe their throughput is 4Mb/s using SPI.

Sparkfun has a demo board, although I'm not sure it is the same model RN-131, check the specs out:

SPARKFUN WiFly GSX DEMO

There are some others available, but these should get you started in the right direction.

Hello

Thanks !!

I'm looking for chipset, not module, but apart from realtek and the like, can not find anything smaller units :'(. Thank you very much.

Best regards

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.