Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WiFi chip antenna combined with a connector for an external antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmarocco

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have begun to design a WiFi device using the module RS9110-N-11-02. I would like to insert together with a chip antenna, a connector for attaching an external antenna. The module application note shows a configuration using a coaxial connector MM8430-2610RA1 and a chip antenna ANT-2.45G. WiFi antenna.GIF

The connector is suggested for RF measurements but I don't know if it can be used for attaching a external antenna.

Could you please suggest me other configurations?

Thanks in advance

1. Why do you want to connect another antenna to your existing chip antenna ?

2. In case the performance of the chip antenna is not so good, you may replace it with an external antenna with higher gain (to obtain longer range) through a 50ohm co-axial cable or connector (as convenient) connected to the 50ohm transmission line on the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back