Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Widows 7, incomprehensible permission problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

denislouisb

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to put a new file in directory

x86_microsoft-windows-s..nboxgames-solitaire_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_74f3b07c5d008bde

located in windows\win\winsxs (whoever created such a name for a directory ought to be examined by a collection of shrinks!), because the original file(s) got corrupted (yes, this is the "security" provided by such systems!).

Then I get the message:

"Youi need permission to perform this action"

But wait a minute, I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR, I BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER, whose PERMISSION do I need to do what I want with MY MACHINE? How dare they? Has anybody ever seen such NONSENSE?

Thanks for any reply.

Excellent advice! Actually I have Linux running on another machine, and I used to be a UNIX bigot: I have in source form Version 7, System V (puah), and 2.8, 2.9. 2.10, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 BSD - again in source. I keep an ancient PDP-11/34 with 128kb byte and a 30 Mb hard disk which I occasionally turn on to get some sanity back.

Denis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back