Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

widening the bandwidth of rectangular microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

donny-skb

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rectangular microstrip antenna

I am still design and simulate the simple rectangular microstrip antenna
I have got the resonance frequency about 2.4GHz, but with narrow bandwitdh ..
I try to incorporate the slot like U slot, L slot and also I slot but still haven't got wider bandwidth

- What are the best way on widening microstrip antenna bandwitdh? articles or books that I have to read?
- Or may be I have to change other type of microstrip antenna?

Can someone help me please?
Any suggestion is welcome!

hai u can get the solution in "Compact and broadband antenna" by kin-lu wong

Hi, it is a good idea to feed the patch with an aperture. The key thing to improve the bandwidth of a single microstrip patch is via mutual resonance technique in which u use additional resonators with the patch to improve the impedance bandwidth. How wide the impedance bandwidth r u expecting? Use of a non-resonant aperture to feed the patch will improve the BW up to about 5-7%. If u were expecting wider BW, then use a resonant aperture, but u suffer poor front-to-back ratio as the aperture will radiate the power backwards.

feed the patch with an aperture will cause heavy backward radiation.
the U-slot and E-shape microstrip antenna is wideband antenna. you can download some paper from IEEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back