Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wideband power divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

wan_mantoi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...i want to design an equal power divider for wideband application..is there any power divider that can be function well for at least 3 or 6 way power divider for wideband??my frequency range that i want to cover is 1.5GHz until 8GHz... any advice for me to design it?? thank you...

If size isn't issue use multistage Wilkinson divider.

emm is there have other solution because i don't think want to use quite big power divider..

Resistive dividers are very small and can be very wideband. The two drawbacks are the insertion loss will be double a wilkinson type, and the port to port isolation will only equal the insertion loss. An ideal (lossless) 3 way wilkinson divider has a power split of 4.7 dB. An ideal 3 way resistive splitter, has a power split of 4.7 dB plus a resistive loss of 4.7 dB, so the power loss from input to a single output will be 9.4 dB. That will also be the port to port isolation.

thank you verymuch....for your explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back